Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Noom

1,546 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by GT_Aggie2015
Corn Pop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What's the board's feelings towards this app? I'm about 5 days into my 14 day free trail and really enjoying it. Wanted some input on using the app long term?
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
My wife used it and found success.
htxag09
AG
What is it/how does it work? I tried to check out the website but they really don't have any info. Just prompts to input data then ask for your email address to email you how much weight you can lose..
ptothemo
AG
The short story is that it's a weight loss app that is rooted in behavioral psychology. Each day, there are articles and prompts that are educational concerning relationship with food, healthy habits, and addressing the overall psychology and behavior around healthier eating and weight loss. Equally, there is food tracking (foods are collated into green, yellow, and red) and calorie counting relative to a daily calorie goal.

https://texags.com/forums/48/topics/3190389/replies/59051047 has a few more details and my experience with it.
htxag09
AG
Interesting, based on your feedback I'd say it's an absolute no go for me right now. With Ironman training, I'm burning an excess of over 8,000 calories a week via workouts. A caloric deficit is probably not ideal....

May revisit after my race.
TheClaw07
AG
You also enter your exercise and it ups your caloric intake for the day, so it will adjust based on your activity. I currently use it and it helps to just make you more conscious of your relationship with food from a scientific standpoint. I'd recommend the free trial at least to see what you think. You can set it to lose weight fast (low calorie goal) or slowly (higher calorie goal for the day).
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Wife is currently using it and is down 17 lbs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.