Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

TENS 7000 Muscle Stimulator

796 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bob Knights Paper Hands
Stat Monitor Repairman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trying out a TENS 7000 muscle stimulator for back and shoulder pain.

Small cell phone sized device that runs off a 9v battery. You peel and stick electrodes to you skin. The device sends a high frequency electrical pulse. Various settings and frequencies.

Thing will light your ass up, thats for sure.

It seems to work by distracting you from pain. You feel the electrical pulse more than whatever pain you got.

Don't know anything about these machines. Someone let me borrow one to try out.

Does it do anything long term?

Anybody use it with success?

Kit plus extra electrodes runs about $50

What's the deal with these things?

https://www.amazon.com/TENS-7000-Digital-Unit-Accessories/dp/B00NCRE4GO
jtraggie99
AG
I've used them in PT before. Also used it where they poke you with needles (dry needling) and attach the stim to the needles. If they hit the right spot, it will help activate muscle fibers and loosen / break-up / knots. To that end, I have found them to be extremely effective.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I've used them when rehabbing ankle sprains and as part of the rehab after surgeries for a torn MCL and a torn labrum. I thought the results were good. My wife does that for a living and has said the results are mixed. You might consult a doctor or PT before using it on your own for too long, but if is was me and seemed to help I'd use it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.