Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Bowflex C6 bike

912 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by WC87
bigfoot10s
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking at possibly getting a bike because my feet/legs can't keep not-injured from running.

Anyone have this bowflex model bike? Looks like a cheaper version of the peleton, without the screen attached. Gives you freedom to use another platform for workouts.

Thanks in advance
Mollie03
AG
I purchased a Concept 2 bike about a month ago and highly recommend them. I ride about 30 minutes a day 4-5 days a week. It is pretty basic but the monitor has a lot of capabilities and you can also use zwift and other apps if you are into things like that. I just enjoy riding with some music on for now.
CFTXAG10
AG
I had the same bike but it was branded "Schwinn" - it was fantastic for my makeshift Peloton setup. Full disclosure I did end up buying a Peloton eventually and selling the Schwinn.
metrag06
AG
We have the Schwinn IC4 - exact same bike but $100 cheaper. No issues in the six months we have had it.
reproag
AG
Echo bike here. Love it. Built like a tank
rebel06
AG
Had the Bowflex C6 for about a year and love it. My wife and I use the Peloton app. I recommend buying some new pedals since some riders had issues with the pedals that came with the bike. We've had no issues with the bike thus far.

There's a Facebook group "Schwinn IC4 and Bowflex C6 Riders" that I recommend joining before you purchase and you can find a wealth of information, answers to questions, etc. It was very helpful whenever we looked into purchasing the C6.
WC87
AG
Just saw this thread. I bought the IC4 right before Christmas. Same bike as Bowflex. Parts were even labeled IC4/C6 in the packaging.

Love it. But beware, the bike says it pairs Bluetooth to Android and iOS. Well, that depends. I wanted to use the Peloton app. Peloton app would not work with my Android tab to get cadence. I could get HR no prob, and found an app that allowed my Galaxy watch to broadcast HR to the Peloton app. But the cadence became an issue, because the bike display bar chart is woefullly inadequate. So I ended up getting an iPad. Much better, seamless pairing experience. But wish that would have been more clear from the get go. I also pair with the Kinetic app to get a power rating, and overlay that on the Peloton app. I'm really satisfied with the purchase, but wish Nautilus would have been a bit more upfront about the Android limitations. Granted, my poor research was at fault as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.