Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Anyone willing to part with a rower?

1,955 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MaroonSpirit
mrmill3218
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for a concept 2 rower. Anyone selling?
Vernada
AG
Good luck!
mrmill3218
AG
Ha got on the waitlist like a year ago and finally heard from concept 2 a few months ago but missed my window I guess. Those things are so dang expensive, but so great.
littlebitofhifi
AG
Yeah used ones are going to be tough. But I got on the waitlist with Concept2 the last week of Feb (this year) and the estimates were spot on. Waited exactly 7 weeks, ordered, and arrived within the next week. It's been great.
Absolute
AG
I have one in Dallas. Don't really want to sell it but haven't used in over two years due to lack af a good place for it since moving.
mrmill3218
AG
Every man has a price!
bam02
AG
Get a Rogue or Assault air bike. Brand new you should be able to get one in 3-6 weeks.
mrmill3218
AG
bam02 said:

Get a Rogue or Assault air bike. Brand new you should be able to get one in 3-6 weeks.

Now you got me thinking. Assault bike looks cool.
CarltonAg
AG
Concept sells on Amazon, and they show to currently be in stock.
CoolaidWade
AG
bam02 said:

Just did! Rogue echo bike brand new for cheaper then a used Concept 2. It hits you all over way better then a rower.

That thing is ****ing brutal. I consider my muscular endurance to be Top Tier but I can't ride that thing all out for much longer then 30 seconds.

Welcome edition to my garage gym HIIT workouts. Much better then the rower.

And I guess I got lucky because it was in stock at Rouge when I looked. I bought it and they shipped it the next day. Got it a few days later.

Titan also has one that's usually in stock but not sure of the quality.
mrmill3218
AG
I think I might be sold now on the Echo Bike.
CarltonAg
AG
Both are a solid option. I'm fortunate to have both in my garage gym.
CoolaidWade
AG
The Rogue Echo also has free shipping. Surprisingly for a Rouge product. I would also suggest spending extra and getting the phone and bottle holders.
mrmill3218
AG
I keep going back and forth between the echo bike and a rower.
CoolaidWade
AG
Honestly if you had your heart on a Concept 2 you should maybe get that?

If you want to try out the Echo you can seek out a fitness store that sells the Scwinn Airdyne Pro. That's the closest bike similar to the Echo being that they both have belt drives. (As opposed to the chain drive the Assault bikes have). Then imagine the bike being 2x as beefy/heavy and overbuilt like a rouge product.

Honestly I love my bike but it's not fun. IMO it's much harder then a rower, tread, or traditional bike. It's like doing a 2000m time trial on a concept 2 but you start suffering instantly.
mrmill3218
AG
I really just want a good piece of cardio equipment so that I don't have to leave my house to get some cardio in. I can see pros and cons to both. A huge pro right now for the echo is that it's a lot cheaper and it's easy to find. I like the idea of ending each workout with a few minutes on the bike doing some intervals.
Daddy-O5
AG
I use my concept 2 rower in my garage gym religiously. I can't speak to the bikes, I'm sure they're great, but I feel like the rower can give me a really good workout in just a 7.5-8min 2000m row, or when I use it in conjunction with some other exercises. I'll do 500m "sprints" then go do pushups (or other exercises) intermittently and get a really good workout in 10-15mins.
reproag
AG
mrmill3218 said:

I think I might be sold now on the Echo Bike.
Echo Bike is a love/hate relationship and one of the best pieces of equipment IMO
bam02
AG
I had a concept 2 rower for about three months last year that my wife's gym let us borrow. I enjoyed having it but this year when I decided to purchase something I work with the assault bike. I am glad I did!
reproag
AG
Nothing against the assault bike, we have them at the gym, but IMO the Echo is the better buy. It is better built, quieter, and harder. There is a reason most WODs with an assault bike say use 85% of cal or distance if using an echo bike. With that said, go with which ever you feel you will use the most.
reproag
AG
Good review between the two bikes

Diggity
AG
I got a Concept2 second hand before Covid and used the thing for about 6 months, then my wife pushed for a Peloton. I just found myself liking the variety of rides and music with the Peloton better than a rower.

Everyone likes different things but doing the same motion over and over got pretty tiresome for me. It is a good workout for sure but there's a lot of ways to get that.
littlebitofhifi
AG
Diggity said:

I got a Concept2 second hand before Covid and used the thing for about 6 months, then my wife pushed for a Peloton. I just found myself liking the variety of rides and music with the Peloton better than a rower.

Everyone likes different things but doing the same motion over and over got pretty tiresome for me. It is a good workout for sure but there's a lot of ways to get that.
I agree with this. I don't know how people can just row for 30+ minutes at a time. I do have a Concept2 and I love it for sprints as part of larger workouts. So I'll do 5-7 minutes "paddle pace" warmup, then do 15-30 minutes of strength, then ~10 minutes rowing sprints, then 5-10 minutes core or yoga. I guess it's just anyone's preference though...you could do those warmups &sprints on a treadmill or bike, but I find that the rower fires up my legs and core well and I enjoy it, so it works for me.
Diggity
AG
I did love how quickly I could get my HR up with the rower, and do use them at the gym for warm ups on lifting days.

I just didn't have the space for both pieces of equipment.
bam02
AG
reproag said:

Nothing against the assault bike, we have them at the gym, but IMO the Echo is the better buy. It is better built, quieter, and harder. There is a reason most WODs with an assault bike say use 85% of cal or distance if using an echo bike. With that said, go with which ever you feel you will use the most.

Oh I don't doubt the Rogue is the better overall machine. I've never used the Echo, but almost every review agrees with you. That said, I am happy with the Assault bike and I'm confident that it will hold up just fine to me and my wife using it. I've used them for years at the gym and they've held up fine there with way more use and abuse and probably less watchful maintenance.
boozer93
Just bought an Inspire 2,5 crossrower from Play it Again Sports. Think I'm going to like it. Smokes u quick. Wanted the concept 2 but came across this first

It reverses so u can get a workout pushing instead of just pulling.
MaroonSpirit
AG
Interested.... How much?
Blazerdogs3 @ gmail.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.