Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Anterior Pelvic Tilt

628 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by mrmill3218
mrmill3218
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've got a pretty bad case of anterior pelvic tilt.

Has anyone had any success correcting this? What are some of the things you did?

I've tried some things but haven't had any success yet.
wcb
AG
Aggiederelict will likely chime in.

What all have you tried? I'm guessing general recommendation is strengthening core muscles (hip bridges, lunges, etc). Might want to see a good chiro as well.

I've had lower back issues for years now. I'm guessing APT plays a role from time to time. I generally find that the stronger my core / lower back are the less issues I have.
aggiederelict
I think anterior pelvic tilt is mostly a product of your spine and pelvis with respect to your genetics. I find it hard to create a significant change to the visual aspect of it. If there isn't pain associated with it I wouldn't worry too much about it. If there is that is another conversation.
mrmill3218
AG
No pain, but it pushed my belly out a significant amount and it's frustrating.
jtraggie99
AG
I've had issues with it. When I was taught to deadlift and squat ages ago, the conventional wisdom at the time was to focus on arching your back to protect your lower spine. Doing that for years caused me issues as I got older. Not sure how much you'll be able to alter it significantly, but exercises to strengthen the glutes, and abdominals, and stretches for the hip flexors and quads, are what I would focus on. Those are good to do regardless. And through it all, you have to be really mindful of trying to keep a neutral pelvis (squeeze your glutes and suck in your stomach). If you sit a lot, this will probably compound the problem (weakens your glutes and abs due to inactivity and tightens the hip flexors).

Honestly, the best thing I've found that I do multiple times a week, is yoga. That and daily isometric exercises that I do to target weak spots in the glutes and core, basic balance and core stability work (i.e. bridges, hip abductions, one legged chair squats, etc.).
mrmill3218
AG
I appreciate your help! Thank you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.