Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Distal Bicep Tendon Rupture

693 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by wangus12
AgInSingapore
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Surgery lined up for next Wednesday for a fully ruptured tendon with one of the ortho doctors from Memorial Hermann, any info on what to expect post surgery and during rehab? Only other thread I found was from 2014 so maybe someone has a more recent experience?

Have already been advised I will be in a hard splint for two weeks.

So pleased this happened to my dominant arm...
aggiederelict
Long recovery. Be patient. Listen to your PT. Nothing worse then rupturing again.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Sorry to hear... hope you have a speedy recovery!
AgInSingapore
AG
Yeah, no desire to have it happen again! Shockingly I am in no pain whatsoever right now or when it happened, but pretty sure that will all change next week. Will stick to the Dr.'s and PT's orders, take is slow and hopefully have a full recovery, thank you.
AgInSingapore
AG
Thank you, I do as well!
aggiederelict
It isn't uncommon to have no pain following a full rupture because it is no longer attached to the bone. When patients come in and can't do certain movements and said it doesn't hurt that's when I say because its not connected to anything.
wangus12
AG
aggiederelict said:

Long recovery. Be patient. Listen to your PT. Nothing worse then rupturing again.
Exactly.

Don't be like my stubborn dad and go throwing hay bales in the barn 2 days after surgery
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.