Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Treadmill workout apps

568 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by littlebitofhifi
bagger05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any apps or channels out there that are similar to the Orange Theory treadmill workouts?

20-25 minutes, varying intensity from conversational pace to running pretty hard for 30-60 seconds (not quite sprinting).
BQ2001
AG
Sound like a Peloton HIIT or Intervals class. They have a pretty long trial I think too.
Ragoo
AG
Any particular goal in mind or just wanting to complete a structured workout for general fitness?
bagger05
AG
I'm not working toward any races or anything.

I'm following a program called Bigger Leaner Stronger that I really enjoy. I am good about the weightlifting but haven't added the cardio. He recommends high intensity 15-25 minute cardio sessions 3-5 times per week.

I really liked the treadmill workouts when I did OTF. Seems like those would fit the bill for the program.

Overall goal is to improve my cardio health and lose fat.
CFTXAG10
AG
BQ2001 said:

Sound like a Peloton HIIT or Intervals class. They have a pretty long trial I think too.
This. They have varying levels of intensity. I think you get a 30 day free trial and then it renews at $12/month. The classes are really good and there's a ton of extras like stretching, yoga, weight training, outdoor running, boot camps, etc.
Ragoo
AG
You could pay for peloton or ifit. But I would just run a 5k as fast as you can. Find an online FTP pace calculator. The build your own 30 minute interval workouts.

5 minute warmup
3 min threshold
2 min jog
3 min
2 min
3 min
2 min
3 min
7 minute cool down
bagger05
AG
I liked the hype man aspect of OTF so seems like the Peloton app might be the best vibe.

Also I liked not having to come up with the plan.
Ragoo
AG
Give it a shot
littlebitofhifi
AG
Apple fitness + is a bit more casual than peloton but I like it. I've only done one treadmill workout but I do a lot of their rowing, HIIT, dance, core and yoga classes. Got it free with some recent apple purchase but I ended up keeping it as it's been a solid way to keep me active and supplement my outdoor running.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.