Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Suunto?

638 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggie Hunter
Aggie Hunter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have it and how does it compare to garmin? I really like what I see in the suunto 9. Any help is appreciated.
The Pilot
AG
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/09/suunto-rolls-out-pile-of-new-suuntoplus-widgets-to-suunto-3-5-9-watches.html

No first hand experience but the website above is great for gear reviews. I'm a garmin guy until someone can come knock them off the top of the mountain.
txcincinnatus
AG
Solid watch, but a bit dated at this point. Would only buy at a discount. Do you plan to wear it daily? Suunto 9 is a pretty large watch. Doesn't fit well under dress shirts, etc. Suunto also seems to be a bit behind on the software side (website and app). Just don't think they have the resources to keep up. Would be hard for me to pick up a Suunto watch over a Garmin right now. Garmin's firstbeat analytics acquisition has really stepped up their health oriented metrics (body battery, advanced sleep tracking).
htxag09
AG
The Pilot said:

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/09/suunto-rolls-out-pile-of-new-suuntoplus-widgets-to-suunto-3-5-9-watches.html

No first hand experience but the website above is great for gear reviews. I'm a garmin guy until someone can come knock them off the top of the mountain.

I'm with you here. Add my personal experience with garmin customer service, sending me a replacement watch under warranty for a quick draining battery even though I was 6 months out of warranty, and it'll be hard for me to buy from someone else.
Aggie Hunter
AG
Thanks.......I will go with a garmin. Now to decide which one
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.