Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

4x4x48 - It's go time

1,007 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by wcb
wcb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife kicks it off at noon today. Average chance of rain in DFW over the next 48 hours is ~70%.

This should be...fun.
ptothemo
AG
Like it wasn't going to be challenging enough - she gets the conditions too. Best of luck to her!
wangus12
AG
Planning on doing it after training for my Fall marathon. Probably November
AggieOO
Post when you decide to do it. If I'm healthy enough at that point, I'll join you virtually.
Ragoo
AG
My BIL did it last month. He did it on a treadmill. Said it wasn't too bad. Sleep and eating were the biggest challenges.
AgCanuck07
AG
How's the effort going?
wcb
AG
Looking amazingly strong. Rain has held out, weather has been pretty much ideal. Ran with some Crossfit locals earlier today, held 9 minute paces. Not bad going into day two. I'll join the fun for the 8 PM run tonight.

A few of her OT friends that did not train are struggling. One starting to have knee issues so has backed off to walking. I'm really hoping nobody does major damage.

Four more runs and it's a wrap. I'll post once it's all done tomorrow.
wcb
AG
wangus12 said:

Planning on doing it after training for my Fall marathon. Probably November
You probably won't need it, but in the event you need a training plan I had a whole other thread with the plan they used. My one suggestion is doing a 4x4x24 a few weeks prior just to see how the nights go. She and her friend learned a ton - things that are really helping them through the full.
wcb
AG
Second untrained friend now having PF issues. Funny how your body starts crying "overuse!" when attempting back to back marathons without proper training.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.