Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

1RM/PR Then VS Now

2,470 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by harge57
Post removed:
by user
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You ever try pause squats with a second hold at the bottom? I usually incorporate them as a pyramid down or at a predetermined weight (usually something that I feel comfortable doing 10 reps with normal and only do 5-6 with a pause) for 2-3 sets. Works great as a cool down but also helps your form and builds a little bit of confidence in driving the weight from a dead stop. I feel more controlled at heavier weights now. Just something to think about...
harge57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
harge57 said:

harge57 said:

According to my 531 app my 1rm are:
Dl 372 --> 380 as of today.
Squat 357
Bench 270
OHP 160

Got back into regular lifting 18 months ago when I bought a power rack for the house.

When I was in high school I was a 1200 lbs power lifter but was also 30lbs heavier. Currently 190 lbs.

Been fighting a glute medius strain for a year and it seems to be behind me so hopefully will jump my Squat and DL this year.

Update:
DL 401
Bench 271
Squat 396
OHP 166

5/3/1 update:
DL 441
BP 273
SQ 418
OHP 168

Making good progress now that hips are feeling good. I like 531 program much better than 5x5 withe the different approach to squats. I feel I can actually recover from my lower body workouts.

I have never been a good bench presser. I think due to the length of my arms.

Edited to add. . What happened to third coast?

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.