Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Peloton Tread thread

2,603 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by K Bo
K Bo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't really want to clutter up the bike thread so thought maybe I'd start a new one for the Tread, if there are any other Tread users here...

Took delivery of the Tread+ last night and man it's beefy! I took it for a quick spin last night and did a 45min boot camp with Andy this morning. I am very impressed with the quality and performance, thus far. The slats feel more "road-like" underfoot than a belt, but it's going to take some getting used to vs traditional treadmill running. I obviously prefer running outside most of the time but I'm looking forward to mixing it up on the Tread.

Two things I wish it had (and maybe it does but I don't know it yet):

1. I wish I could watch Netflix, etc, on the screen when "just running"
2. I wish there was a PZ training program like on the Bike.

In any event, I am very excited to dig in to this thing.

AggieOO
Not sure how tech savvy you are, but there are tutorials online to hack the tablet to allow for Netflix, etc.
K Bo
AG
Sweet, I'll check those out!
AggieOO
I got curious bc I never hacked our bike. Apparently, you don't even have to hack the tablet. Here's a loophole :

https://sports.yahoo.com/stream-netflix-peloton-173550242.html
K Bo
AG
I just read that, seem too easy!
DeLaHonta
AG
We've had ours for about 6 months now, and use it almost daily. I agree that I wish there was a way to record workouts while watching Netflix on the screen at the same time, but I don't think there is. I usually just take my convertible laptop and throw it over the top of the screen if I want to walk and watch something. To add to this, I also wish there was a "Just Walk" mode, so it didn't think my TV-watching walks were runs.

I obviously prefer outside, as well, but doing the actual Peloton Tread runs forces me to do training modes I might normally not. When I run outside, I usually just go at the same speed for as long as I have time for, so the Peloton Tread helps me with speed work, elevation, etc.
BlackLab
AG
What are the dimensions? Curious how much space is needed to fit in a room or garage.
K Bo
AG
72.5" L x 36.5" W x 72" H
K Bo
AG
I hadn't even considered the recording while watching Netflix but I think I'd agree. I like the recording of peloton workouts but I use Garmin/Stryd for my runs and would likely just record through my watch/foot pod. The "just walking" is interesting, though. I also think that should be a feature.
Ragoo
AG
Love the idea of the tread. Hate the sticker price.
AgFB
AG
Any new tread owners? How do you like it? We are considering it.
BQ2001
AG
Had mine for almost 2 years now (Tread+) and still great.
Not sure you can actually buy one at the moment with the recall they have open. Recall is regarding items getting pulled under the back (including kids and pets) so I think they have to remediate that before they sell more.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/05/05/peloton-treadmill-recall/

Seems like it could be an easy fix with a bar in the back like some others.
mrsbeer05
AG
I don't have a tread, but I love the classes. I just use our TV. I think if Stryd ever came up with a way to connect to the tread, I'd be convinced to get one.

No PZ classes, but Becs has started just saying use your Marathon/Half Marathon/10k/5k/Mile pace during some workouts rather than calling out paces. It's probably as close as the tread instructors can get to PZ.
K Bo
AG
Tread+ owner here and I love it. I really like the slatted belt and knob controls for speed/incline. I don't really have any negatives other than it's a behemoth and a PITA to move. We recently moved and Peloton wanted something like $150 to take it down and $150 reassemble with my movers moving the actual unit. It's a little wobbly (on incline) on my stall mats over wood floors so I need to figure out a way to stabilize it a little better.

I also miss the PZ feature of the bike but I find my Stryd (through my watch) and/or HR are good enough for now.
mrsbeer05
AG
Do y'all know if there is a website that breaks down the runs like there is for the PZ classes?
AgFB
AG
Dang. Jealous of you people that got one before the recall. Hope they find a solution soon.
BlackLab
AG
Anyone have the tread (and not tread plus)?
aggiespartan
AG
BlackLab said:

Anyone have the tread (and not tread plus)?
We just got one a few weeks ago. It takes up less space than the other treadmills we were considering, which is why we went with it.
BlackLab
AG
Likes? Dislikes?
aggiespartan
AG
BlackLab said:

Likes? Dislikes?
We like it because it takes up less space. I almost always do the just run or the scenic runs. I don't really like the classes. My husband has done more classes than I have. Running classes just aren't my thing. It was between the peloton and the new bowflex, but the bowflex just took up so much space, but you can watch netflix and hulu on it and listen to your own music. Not a huge deal, but if you are going to put it in a room where you won't have a tv or anything, that might be important to you.
Guitarsoup
AG
We have the new Tread - picked it up last week. No complaints at all.

We have it on a tile floor and it stays in place nicely.

We have old wiring in our house (1983) and it is on a 15amp circuit with several other things and it hasnt tripped a breaker yet. Supposedly it can draw 12 amps at max.
K Bo
AG
We took Peloton up on their recall/full refund of the Tread plus and got the new Tread. The footprint is significantly smaller, which is great for my little gym. The running surface on the plus is much better but not worth the cost difference to me. The majority of my running is outdoors but the wife uses the tread on occasion and it's nice to have the tread option for my running. The Plus is a far superior machine, but for half the price the new Tread is a better value and does exactly what I need it to do.
AgFB
AG
Tread delivered yesterday. Did a Boot Camp workout today that kicked my tail. Enjoying it so far. Only had one moment where I felt a little wobble in the belt and thought I might die. So far so good.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Well ***** My wife bought one. Now I am part of another cult
AgFB
AG
Nice setup...we are working on our garage gym now. Tread in there now, will be happy when we can move the bike with it.
RustyBoltz
AG
Well I guess we are soon to be Tread owners, also. I wanted a slated belt but I figure Peloton will likely do a trade in program if/when the Tread+ is re-released.
I have about two weeks to figure out our workout room layout now and a better floor covering solution.
K Bo
AG
RustyBoltz said:

Well I guess we are soon to be Tread owners, also. I wanted a slated belt but I figure Peloton will likely do a trade in program if/when the Tread+ is re-released.
I have about two weeks to figure out our workout room layout now and a better floor covering solution.
I'm hoping they do a trade-in program. I regret taking the $ for the Tread+ recall.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.