Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Ski Erg Experience?

3 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Sooner Born
h1ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was thinking about getting a C2 rower with a work benefit that covers health and wellness equipment. Seeing the waitlist on another thread here, I started poking around on the Concept2 website. The ski erg caught my eye, and wanted to see if anyone had much experience with it.

I'm a big downhill skiier, have never really branched out into nordic, but it looks like this could be a good general purpose conditioning machine that seems to work alternate muscle groups to the rower. I had ACL surgery last year, and although I'm 9 months post op and moving around normally now, I'm still pretty aware of reducing impact on my knee, for context.

It seems like if I could make space and find the money, it would be a pretty great full-body workout to start on the ski erg then switch to rowing or vice versa?
Sooner Born
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't row much but I do have a Ski Erg (nordic skier here) and it's a really good workout. After I go hard for 30 - 45 mins, I am sore from my shoulders through the hamstrings.

The one downside is it's not conducive to watching a TV for distraction. So if you need that to get through an indoor workout it might not be for you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.