Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Rower for home

2,462 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bam02
bugslinger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Time to get un-fat. Again. With the covid restrictions still rampant where i'm at, i'm thinking about taking the plunge and just getting a C2 since thats what i'm familiar with. Anything others i should consider?
Edit: spelling
Pepper Brooks
AG
Get the C2.
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
90 bull
AG
Agreed. We have had ours for 15 months and it was worked flawlessly.
Vernada
AG
Concept 2 - but there's like a 10 week wait right now.

https://texags.com/forums/48/topics/3135725
Macpappy99
AG
Got the c2 model d a few months ago on rogue fitness. Was able to snag it before my spot on the c2 waitlist came up. Dont rely on the email stock updates on rogue. I would usually check around 10am cst to see if they had stock. I got the in stock alert the day after i bought mine and they had gone out of stock again.
AgCMT
AG
Ordered mine today through the Concept waiting list. Only took 2.5 months.
Eliminatus
AG
I'm a broke ass college kid that hates cardio and I'm telling you, the C2 is end all be all.

If you plan to keep rowing with any sort of regularity over more then a few months, just buy it, cry once about the price and wait time and then enjoy it for pretty much forever.

Quality machine where it is worth every penny IMO.
jejdag
Concept 2 Rower with PM5 - sporting goods - by owner - sale (craigslist.org)

Saw this on craigslist, Temple area
Vernada
AG
F them.
AledoAg86
AG
AgCMT said:

Ordered mine today through the Concept waiting list. Only took 2.5 months.
I am 10 days out from ordering mine per their last e-mail to me.
Schall 02
AG
This still good advice ? My only concern with fan rowers is the noise...
AledoAg86
AG
Schall 02 said:

This still good advice ? My only concern with fan rowers is the noise...
I really love my C2 rower. I can watch golf on TV and row with the volume up (so fan noise is not a problem for me). I even have ceramic tile flooring in the room where I row. I hope this helps.
Schall 02
AG
It does. Thank you. Ours would be in basement and I'm leary of waking sleeping kids...
Vernada
AG
Schall 02 said:

It does. Thank you. Ours would be in basement and I'm leary of waking sleeping kids...

The frequency of the sound doesn't seem like it would travel far. I really can't imagine people upstairs would notice it. I wear AirPods with mine and usually just need to click up the volume one notch above normal.
Schall 02
AG

Comparing the noise of various rowers. Concept2 is the loudest.
bam02
AG
I have an air bike and it's WAY louder than a concept 2 rower. Mine is in the garage but you can't really hear it at all from the other side of the door in the house. Of course that is a sealed exterior door, but no way the rower would be too loud in the basement.
hph6203
AG
Get a shop fan, turn it on high, put it in the basement, that's the volume level you're talking about. I'd be shocked if it could wake someone up, if they're not directly above the basement there's absolutely no way they'll ever hear it.
Max06
AG
Anyone keep a C2 on a covered porch/patio or barn?

I don't have space in the house but I'm considering putting it outside. It would be out of the weather, but subject to humidity etc. of south Texas.
bam02
AG
I would think it would be ok. Not ideal, obviously, but I'd think you could still get many years of functional use out of it's long as it's covered and you inspect it regularly. Tons of gyms/boxes aren't humidity-controlled and they manage ok.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.