Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Dry February

3,580 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TXTransplant
mrsbeer05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Still in. Still drinking tea.
Ragoo
AG
Still in
TexAgs1992
Still in. Drank a lot of coffee to stay warm during the winter storms and almost 50 days strong.
mrsbeer05
AG
Ran my race yesterday, but was so tired I knew a drink would knock me out. Thinking maybe some wine tonight, if the kids go to bed early.
TXTransplant
Survived this crap show of a week and stayed on my meal plan and completely dry.

Two more weeks to go. My nutrition challenge officially ends on a Sunday, and I don't like to drink during the week, so it will probably be March 12 before I have a glass of wine.
Bottlerocket
AG
Still in. Had several lagunitas IPNAs while sitting idle during the crap storm
Ragoo
AG
Still going
mrsbeer05
AG
I'm still in. Going to the actual movie theater tonight, if they have good beer I'm done.

I feel like this time I've paid much more attention to how I feel when I want a drink and choosing a better option.
Ragoo
AG
Only a few more days.
Swarely
Same. Next Saturday.
TexAgs1992
Went 55 days without a beer then had one Friday night and one last night. Definitely feel more lethargic after having them. Picking it back up today and going to go another 3-4 weeks at least without drinking.
mrsbeer05
AG
Had a margarita with dinner Friday. Not sure I could tell a difference on Saturday, but feel better about only having a drink every once in a while.
Bottlerocket
AG
I'm rolling through March
TXTransplant
I'm in the final week of my nutrition challenge. Between eating better and no alcohol, I feel (and look) fantastic!

This has definitely been a game-changer for me. I plan to celebrate the end of my nutrition challenge with a small bottle of Taittinger champagne (it's my favorite). But going forward, I just don't see myself having more than one or two glasses a week, if that.
Ragoo
AG
Made it all the way. Don't know if I feel any different.
Swarely
Drank this weekend for the first time all year. Yesterday we rode our bikes from brewery to brewery in San Antonio. It was a ton of fun abs helped offset the calories from the beer. Woke up bloated as hell though.

Wont drink again until March 28th now. My plan is to try and only drink a couple times a month. We'll see how that goes.
TXTransplant
Still dry over here. I got the results from my 8 week challenge (in the form of a body scan) and I lost 6.2 lbs of fat. I'm down to 17.1% body fat from 20.6%.

The challenge was supposed to end on Sunday, but I just went ahead transitioned to my new macros (which are very generous) instead. We all got really good results, and some of the other people doing the challenge with me decided to just eat whatever they wanted on Sat/Sun. But it was important to me to see it through until the end.

I'm still planning to celebrate with some Taittinger this weekend, but I feel SO good, that I'm kind of hesitant about indulging. I think I'm more worried about sabotaging my progress than I am excited about the drink!

The changes to my diet are long-term for me, so I just don't see myself having more than a glass or two a few times a week (if I can even tolerate that anymore).
TXTransplant
Just broke the dry spell. Did exactly what I had planned and enjoyed a 375 ml bottle of Taittinger. I think I'll go to bed now.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.