Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Dry February

3,569 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TXTransplant
MarathonAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Started a new thread as per a couple requests and to hold myself accountable.

Join me for some sober living and weight loss goals!
AggieOO
I'm in for this one, except for one day. I signed up for a beer and girl scout cookie pairing a while back that is at the end of the month.
TXTransplant
I'm in through the first week of March. Doing a nutrition challenge that just doesn't give me room for alcohol right now. Once I know what my long-term macros will be, I'll try to work an occasional glass of wine back in. But I'm committed to this meal plan for another 5 weeks.
Ragoo
AG
In, challenge will be valentines dinner. But should be able to abstain.
mrsbeer05
AG
I'm in at least until my half on the 21st. May keep going to the end.
NoahAg
AggieOO said:

I'm in for this one, except for one day. I signed up for a beer and girl scout cookie pairing a while back that is at the end of the month.
Anyone else want to hear more about this??
Geriatric Punk
AG
In minus 2/4 and 2/5.
AggieOO
NoahAg said:

AggieOO said:

not sure if it is too late to sign up, but pickup is in Austin. They do this every year, but this year is virtual.

circlebrew.square.site

Bottlerocket
AG
I'm in

mrsbeer05
AG
AggieOO said:

NoahAg said:

AggieOO said:

not sure if it is too late to sign up, but pickup is in Austin. They do this every year, but this year is virtual.

circlebrew.square.site

Who wants to pick up my beer and ship it to Alabama?
TexAgs1992
Been going strong since January 3. Plan to follow through at least until February 26 when I go to visit Nashville with the lady, may try stay dry through that weekend as well.
1997aggies
AG
I'm in!
aggiejim70
AG
It must not be that hard as it's short month, If I don't drink and don't die, this will be me thirtieth consecutive Dry February.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Ragoo
AG
2 days down
Ragoo
AG
Working on day 5
mrsbeer05
AG
Went to the craft beer store in town and didn't buy a thing
TXTransplant
Went to social events the last two nights in a row where the wine flowed profusely. I stood my ground and didn't even cave to the Prosecco (bubbly is my weakness).

This is definitely building my willpower/confidence to say no - and not just to alcohol.
jagvocate
AG
Broke down and had some beer tonight but back on the wagon. I've slept better the last few days than I have in a while. Much more rested during the day without alcohol the night before and the good feeling is addictive.

Bottlerocket
AG
Had date night with the wife last night. The bar had a few NA beers so I was good.
In. Put me down for March, also.
Ragoo
AG
Still going
A New Hope
Still going.
End Of Message
h1ag
AG
I'm in that weird state that always happens to me during one of these where I have to remind myself in the morning that nothing is wrong, waking up feeling refreshed is just the way its supposed to feel.
TexAgs1992
Topo Twist of Lime was a game changer for the Super Bowl yesterday.
h1ag
AG
Got started a couple days late but I'm officially a week in. Fell asleep no problems for the first time last night. Feeling good!
1997aggies
AG
In
TXTransplant
Ugh...this is a total hunker down and drink wine and eat Cheetos kind of weekend.
Ragoo
AG
Still going strong.
Frok
AG
Congrats on those still going. I'm having a drink a Fridays and a drink on Saturdays but that is it. Keeping it to a minimum.

But man this cold is making me drink too much coffee.
mrsbeer05
AG
I've found some good teas I'm drinking. Going at least one more week. After my half... We'll see
Bottlerocket
AG
I'm still in it and no stopping soon. Not gonna lie though, being hunkered in the house with this weather sure makes me want to have several IPAs
TXTransplant
Going on 30 hours of no power. House is 59*.

As I was dozing in the wee hours this morning, I dreamt that I binged on Sauvignon blanc and nacho cheese chips.
Swarely
Bottlerocket said:

I'm still in it and no stopping soon. Not gonna lie though, being hunkered in the house with this weather sure makes me want to have several IPAs

Accurate. I have booze in the house, but the only thing keeping my from drinking is that I would run out very quickly and be in even worse shape.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.