Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Treadmill Desk/slim treadmill

973 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AggieOO
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I always try to get out on walks during the day while on calls since i'm 100% WFH, but I only make it about once a week b/c I end up getting distracted or sucked into something I need to be at my computer for.

I don't know that I want to drop $1200 on a treadmill desk, but has anyone tried sometime similar to this:

https://sunnyhealthfitness.com/products/walkstation-slim-flat-treadmill-for-under-desk-and-home-sf-t7945?variant=31741783670874&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&gclid=CjwKCAiAudD_BRBXEiwAudakXwGwSgrsrLtApJNJEUZg1p6vKPc4HUPxPsRRYJ1gOTsEsoicNv6H-hoCxU4QAvD_BwE

I'm tired of sitting on my ass all day and only getting out for a hour or less to ride the mountain bike. Even when I get back to traveling for work, I'm 100% remote and still work from home at least 50% of the time.
mrsbeer05
AG
Curious how the speed controls work. I'd be worried about not being able to find that perfect pace where I could work and walk. My husband and I both work from home so we could share this.

AggieOO
says it varies from 1mph to 3.5mph. 1 mph is a slow ass walk.
AggieOO
Well, I pulled the trigger on one of these.

I've been doing shorter stints on this thing while i get use to it, but mostly gotten it down. Just have it under the sit/stand desk and find a comfortable pace. I seem to be fine under 3.0 mph if i need to type an email or something. Anything over 3.0 gets a little more difficult to use the mouse and type. If i'm on a call or meeting where i don't need to talk, I'll take it up over 3 mph.

Should be getting in ~7 miles today. Hoping to get to the point where i can put in 10+ miles a day when working from home.
The Pilot
AG
Awesome. Might look into this later this year, we've dropped $$$$ in outfitting our home gym so expenses are getting out of hand.

How do you share it with the wife? Bc I know if I get one, my wife will want one too.
AggieOO
i don't share. She doesn't work from home. It only gets use during my working hours.

It weighs about 60 lbs, but has wheels on it, so its not terribly hard to move if you needed to split time with it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.