Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

*****Weight Loss 2021*****

40,108 Views | 466 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by pinkdog
91_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
203 this morning.
If I can avoid cheating too much this weekend, I am hoping to see 199 Monday morning.
mrsbeer05
AG
10/29/21 132.6

Today is my 39th birthday and I am 5lbs down from where I was turning 38 and body fat is the lowest it has been in several years.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Beginning (1-2021): 217.4

10/25: 202.4

11/1: 201.6

I have been bouncing north and south of 200 for the last couple of weeks. Weight was 199 Sunday, ate a lot of salt laden and generally garbage food at Halloween party last night so not surprised at gaining some water weight.

I was able to run pain free for the most part both days this weekend, so hope that I can resume that on a regular basis and that I can go sub-200 for good next week.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ABATTBQ87
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

I am 6'3" tall and weighed 280 in September 2020 and today I weigh in at 240. I've gone from wearing Wranglers with 42 waists to Wranglers with 38 waists, and I need a new belt!

I walk 2.4 miles every day and do light weights (for now); beginning May 31 I plan on walking 2x a day on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays over the next 3 months (June-July August)

I've been on Nutri systems since October 2020 and I eat the meals Monday - Friday but allow myself to eat out on weekends. I've cut out all Dr. Pepper and Cokes and only drink water, tea, and milk.

I hope to lose another 15 pounds by August 31 to be down at 225, and then I have shoulder surgery planned so I'll be off my feet for a few weeks.
August 1 to October 31:

I do 5 sets of situps 6 days a week, and in 3 months (75 days) I completed 9,510 situps.

I began 5 sets of pushups 6 days a week in October (after 6 weeks of shoulder rehab) and completed 1,987 pushups.

I've jogged/walked 96.5 miles.

I now weigh 237 pounds but am frustrated that belly fat will not burn off.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated
RustyBoltz
AG
Are you still following nutrisystem? How has the plan changed as you lost weight? You may need to reevaluate portion size and consider reducing intake by 5-10% to account for lower requirements.
Walking/jogging is great but becomes an inefficient method of caloric expenditure as the body adapts. While initially you might burn 150kcal/mile at first, your body may now only require 90kcal. You either need to increase volume or intensity.
There's no secret formula to target fat; you just have to focus on positive progress.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
1-3-21: 217.4

10-25-21: 202.4
11-1-21: 201.6
11-8-21: 198.2

Despite a weekend at a wedding eating all the foods, stayed under 200 pounds! Time to make it stick.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
YokelRidesAgain
AG

11-1-21: 201.6
11-8-21: 198.2
11-11-21: COVID-19

11-15-21: 193.8

Well, I lost a lot of weight last week. Not sure it was worth it.
Daddy-O5
AG
J_Daddy05 said:

J_Daddy05 said:

Late to the party. Jumping on this board/thread as an extra layer of accountability.

Currently: 255lbs (-10lbs for the year already - only recently started working out again ~month)
Goal: 225lbs
Job: Shipping/Logistics - Used to be very active climbing around on ships, not so much anymore in new role working from home primarily.
Reason: Improve overall health and maintain a weight/lifestyle before I get too old and it becomes that much harder. Increase energy for keeping up with 2 and 4 year old, set a good example for them.
Habits to kick: Significantly reduce alcohol intake and cigars. Limit crappy meals.
250 mark this morning. Workout regimen steady, eating habits good during the week. Weekends have been rough, lots of house guests and the food/drink that comes with it. No excuses just owning the shortfalls. Still losing weight, but could be a lot further along. Hoping to be "permanently" sub 250 come next week,
Broke 240 this morning. Had plateaued pretty bad for a couple of months between 240-245. Have done much better about maintaining diet over the weekend, structured my daily workouts. Meal prepped over the weekend, eliminated a lot of carbs and have had a few good days of decline, hopefully have identified the way to take my next step towards a steady/healthy decline.
YokelRidesAgain
AG

11-15-21: 193.8
11-22-21: 194.4

Last week's weigh in was artificially low due to illness, I think. Hoping to be under 190 by the first week of December.
YokelRidesAgain
AG

11-22-21: 194.4
11-29-21: 195.2

Weight plateaued over the last three weeks, but better than gaining, I guess. I was able to run 5 days last week, which should help some if I can keep it going.
YokelRidesAgain
AG

11-29-21: 195.2
12-13-21: 190.0

Missed last week's weigh-in running out of the house, but still making progress.
pinkdog
Do you guys ever find that you get headaches or have trouble sleeping when you are cutting back on calories? I feel like I could take a tranquilizer and not sleep. I try not to take anything for headaches for fear of rebound headaches. I feel like there's nothing to do except tough it out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.