Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

*****Weight Loss 2021*****

40,080 Views | 466 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by pinkdog
MarathonAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Let's start off 2021 right now that 2020 is coming to an end!

Currently: 212lbs
Goal: 175lbs
Job: Active Duty Military
Reason: Get back to feeling good both for my mental health and be a solid role model for my kids. I'd like to feel lighter while running again, compete in races at a higher level and get my body beach ready!

Habits to kick: Binge drinking and eating out as much as I do
DanHo2010
AG
Currently: 205
Goal: 180
Reason: because I can

I was 168 a few years ago and while that was probably a bit low for my body type I can definitely get back there. I was over 220 in July and dropped around 15 just from playing disc golf 4-5 days a week over the second half of the year. In November I added in some weight training and running and I've been dropping about 1 lb a week since Thanksgiving.
Ragoo
AG
Current: not sure
Goal: 155-160ish

Plan of attack: get back on HIM training. Sign up for multiple sprints, hopefully find an Olympic distance.

Habit: I have have have to get off of my cigar kick.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Currently: 198
Goal: 182

I want to get up over 1,000 lbs in my 3 lifts and also get into the 182 lb body weight class. If I had to guess now I'm in the 950 - 975 lb range on my lifts.
rynning
AG
Current: 183
Goal: 170

Continuing with a HIIT program that I started a couple of months ago that seems to be working. Haven't really lost weight yet, but plan to reduce body fat % more. Need to track better using that Withings scale I got earlier this year.
mrsbeer05
AG
Current: 141
Goal: 130
Reason: Eating better means running better and feeling better, also vanity

I've actually been doing WW since the summer and have lost 10lbs. Some came back during Xmas, but I know those will leave quickly enough. My main goal has just been to focus on more fruits and veggies. I've also noticed my alcohol intake ticking up, so I'm going to cut back to only Saturday.
wbt5845
AG
I'll wait until 1/1/2021 TYVM
TPS Reports
AG
I am ashamed to post my current weight but it's awful. 46yo and have battled weight for over 20 years. My kids don't remember what it's like to have a Dad that is truly in shape. My weight impacts nearly every aspect of my life and yet, it is still a battle. I am not one for excuses though. I have many successes with dropping lots of weight...but always fail to keep it off. The whole diet vs lifestyle thing....

2020 has made clear to me how much I need to get it under control. Nothing I can do quickly, unfortunately, so hoping to avoid the virus until I make meaningful improvements in my risk profile and until I can get the vaccine.

2021 will be my year. It has to be.

Crazy Ag 97
AG
I wish you all the best, if you're mind is there you can absolutely hit your goals. Remember every day, It doesn't happen overnight and stick with it. You won't always be perfect, but don't let that stop you, the goal isn't perfection, just being a little better everyday. It adds up.

2020 was my year. I started the year at 205 had gotten up to 218 (I'm 45 and 6'1") by my birthday in May. My wife bought me a new Garmin watch for my birthday and it flipped the switch. I decided to start training again and started religiously watching what I ate. I sit here today at my goal weight of 190, and feel better than I have since 2016 when I was still doing ironmans. Even though I'm at my goal, it's an ongoing process to stay here. Keep up the fight, your health is worth it.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
McKinney Ag said:

I am ashamed to post my current weight but it's awful. 46yo and have battled weight for over 20 years. My kids don't remember what it's like to have a Dad that is truly in shape. My weight impacts nearly every aspect of my life and yet, it is still a battle. I am not one for excuses though. I have many successes with dropping lots of weight...but always fail to keep it off. The whole diet vs lifestyle thing....

2020 has made clear to me how much I need to get it under control. Nothing I can do quickly, unfortunately, so hoping to avoid the virus until I make meaningful improvements in my risk profile and until I can get the vaccine.

2021 will be my year. It has to be.

This is my story as well. My starting number is 3XX. I can do well one day at a time but stringing enough good days together to make a difference is the hard part for me. I seem to get thrown off track easily at times.
MarathonAg12
Let's get after it together brother! I'm in the same boat, I need to be there for my kids in every aspect of life!
MarathonAg12
I did back to back days of 4 mile runs!

I'm feeling good
TPS Reports
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Let's get after it together brother! I'm in the same boat, I need to be there for my kids in every aspect of life!
In!
bagger05
AG
Ready to get after it.
Texags84
AG
I'm in. Thinking Keto and low cal with min 10K steps and some other workout added. Will come back in a few days.
TexasAg21
Currently: 155 lbs
Goal: 155 lbs (but more lean muscle, less fat)

Have a newborn baby (9 weeks old) and a wife in medical residency so I would be happy to just maintain this level of fitness, but hopefully I will improve a bit this next year.
mrsbeer05
AG
If you don't have one, a jogging stroller is a great investment. The oldest Beer and I put in lots of miles when he was little and it kept everyone from going crazy.
TexasAg21
Good advice! Thanks!
mrsbeer05
AG
Last day of 2020-
Current:139
Goal:130
Null and Void
60 yo; 6' 7"; 240 lbs; 20% bf
Goal: Get back to 2019 bf of 14% while maintaining as much muscle mass as possible.
Method: Keto, hiit and heavy lifts.
CoachRTM
AG
1/1. Here we go.

Current Weight : 210, 24.5% BF
Goal Weight : 185, 19.5% BF by 5/1 (start of camp season)
Goal Weight : 170, 17% BF by 8/15 (start of fall scrimmages)

(BF % on my scale, no idea how accurate it is)

I'm a college and high school football official. I work JUCO and Community College games right now and am trying to break into a bigger conference. Camp season is May (assuming it happens this year) where we get a chance to impress those guys and hopefully get a call.

Basically everyone told me that I need to get in shape by then to have a chance... some commissioners are notorious for "not taking anyone without a 6-pack". Maybe an exaggeration, but it's time to get serious and put the work in.
mrsbeer05
AG
Current: 139
Goal: 130

Been much better with the WW points this week. Friday is my weigh day and points reset. Goal is to stay focused on zero point foods (veggies, fruits, lean protein) and use no more than half of activity points from the day.
Barnyard96
AG
Current: 201
Goal: 175

bagger05
AG
Stepped on the scale and not nearly as bad as I thought. Gonna be a touch over 200. About where I started last year.
wessimo
AG
Jan 1 - 191.8lbs. Oof, this is the most I've weighed an nearly a decade.

Goal is 180 by Feb 1 and 165 by May 1.
RangerRick9211
AG
Current: 6'2" and 174lbs.

Goal: 160 and 5.0 w/kg FTP by Belgian Waffle - Asheville in May. I'm 33 now and lacking many more chances to make the break in big races.

Hurdles: 2 year old, travel resuming and donuts. And beer, wine, Negronis, Manhattans and Boulvardiers.

Motivation: All the donuts.
mrsbeer05
AG
Peloton app is free for 2 months. Tons of workouts that could be done in a hotel room or around the schedule of a toddler.
Gabster43213
I had emergency eso****eal varices surgery on December 19. When I came home from the hospital on December 23 I weighted 234.4. As of this morning I am down to 217.4.

The overall situation has been a difficult one but I guess the lost weight is a side blessing. I have learned a lesson the hard way. I'm hoping to ultimately get down another 15 pounds or so.
mrsbeer05
AG
Current: 138.4
Goal:130

Went big at dinner, but still have 33 activity points left. Goal for today is to stay within points.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
All right, now that the Orange Bowl is over, I'm ready to set some goals.

Last year was tough. My running mileage went down by 50% from 2019 and I put on the COVID-15. It was hard to stay motivated as race after race fell off the calendar.

Goals:

Current weight: 217 pounds
Goal by 6/19 (Grandma's Marathon): 190 pounds
Goal by 1/1/22: 170 pounds

Goal mileage: 1000 miles in 2021

Challenge to overcome: Procrastination and inertia. Going to try to post here every Monday, win or lose, to keep myself accountable.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Gordon McKernan
I've come to the realization that I am not going to set a strict diet & stick with it long term. I love to workout and I love to eat/drink. The more I workout the better I typically eat. My goal this year is to run 1000 miles and ideally go north of 1200+. I did 850 this year but didn't start running until March & had to take some time off in the spring/summer for injuries. If I do that, I know my weight will stay in check & likely to drop a few more. I'm likely hovering in the upper 170s right now and ideally I'd like to stay in the 168-172 range.

My other goal is to be better about getting to bed at a decent time & waking up early/same time everyday. Easy to stay up late/sleep in, & get run in at lunch when working from home but I know that'll end & I'll need to get back in a routine if i want to hit my mileage goals.
Gabster43213
12/19/2020 - 238.0 (Date of Surgery)
12/22/2020 - 234.4 ((Release from Hospital)
1/2/2021 - 217.4
1/3/2021 - 216.2
Immediate goal - 215.0
Secondary goal - 208.0
Ultimate goal - 199.8
1997aggies
AG
Height 5'9" Goal Weight 170
01/03/21 197.5
FC12
How about weight gain??
Started March last year at 175...got to 205.
Sitting at 195-197 but really want to get to 220 of solid mass.
Eat your protein folks and stay consistent!
Turk Turkleton
AG
Current Weight: 227
First Goal: 200
Ultimate Goal: 180

This year has been a rough one but tomorrow starts a new chapter. MUCH better eating and cutting way down/out cokes is key. I'll mix up running and CG but eating something resembling healthy is my biggest struggle.

Let's do this.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.