Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Is the Keto fad gone?

2,306 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Capitol Ag
Post removed:
by user
OasisMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
haha

i still limit my carbs overall,
but no where near the same degree
bam02
AG
For the fad dieters who loved to yap about it, yes.
FC12
It's been replaced by IMF....
Went from no carbs to simply just not eating
TwoMarksHand
AG
FC12 said:

The original diet. Starvation.
Pepper Brooks
AG
IMF existed before keto
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
bam02
AG
TwoMarksHand said:

FC12 said:

The original diet. Starvation.

Actually... the original diet was a mix of keto and IMF.
OasisMan
AG
FC12 said:

haha

i have inadvertently IMF since i left home for college -- i was just too lazy to eat breakfast and that carried over into adulthood

i dont purposefully do it for dieting, just never got into eating breakfast
FC12
I can be very lazy with not eating breakfast...comes and goes in waves and usually dependent on how fast I'm trying to run out the door for my commute. With that said, eating a solid breakfast was crucial for me in my bulking phase going from 175 to 205 this past Spring/Summer.

What also helped was working from home and getting more sleep and having access to a kitchen and pantry.
culdeus
AG
They all died of heart failure.
Capitol Ag
AG
It's just another form of a calorie deficit. Replace the carbs with fats. The most important aspect in dieting (ie using nutrition to achieve one's goals) is calorie balance, calories you eat to what you burn each day. Most diets that work well will manipulate calories either directly or indirectly. Food composition, like eliminating something like carbs, has really only a superficial results, just like nutrient timing and the use of supplements and water. I fast during times I am leaning out, but really I am just finding a convenient way to achieve a calorie deficit. I honestly don't like eating or preparing breakfast early in the day. So when I am on a calorie deficit, I have found that fasting until around 11-noon helps on morning that I do not train. I still eat a meal on training mornings.

Try this, add back carbs and cut the fat and see what happens. Especially when you are training hard. Your workouts will get better for sure. But if you leaned out on Keto, and you are fit, as long as your calories are the same relatively, you'll stay just as lean most likely.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.