Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Peloton question

1,162 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Muy
Muy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need to get something like this at home and am hearing about massive back orders right now. Found a Gen 3 on FB Marketplace for $1,700, it says rarely used, and offered $1,500.

Is that a decent offer if I can get it, and is Gen 3 going to have the latest technology in it?

Thanks!
BQ2001
AG
yeah that is a good price, even $1700 is. No taxes and delivery in that is a bonus. Plus the lead times getting it from them is super long right now. The Gen3 will be new with all the current features, just won't have the swiveling monitor. I'd just do a quick ride on it, make sure everything moves and there isn't any rust or anything and you should be good to go
Muy
AG
Great, got it for $1,650 and picking up on Friday. Guess the guy and his wife are moving and selling both of them.
The Pilot
AG
Why Friday? Hope they don't pull a fast one and give it to someone else between now and then. We've had that happen on FB with something else.
htxag09
AG
Is the lead time that far back? The wife and I looked a few weeks ago and lead times were 2-4 weeks. We decided to hold off until Januaryish. She's due in December so doesn't really expect to be able to ride until February or March.
BQ2001
AG
I was looking at Reddit a while ago and people were saying 6 weeks for the Bike+ and hope that they don't cancel the appointment and bump to the end of the line. I imagine a lot more people will be ordering for Christmas presents.
Muy
AG
The Pilot said:

Why Friday? Hope they don't pull a fast one and give it to someone else between now and then. We've had that happen on FB with something else.

I got out of the hospital on Monday due to pneumonia from Covid so taking it easy this week. This guy's been texting me, sent me his address, and we're planning on Friday as I'm getting my energy back daily and needed to wait a few days.
nashvilleaggie11
Went into Peloton store in Dallas to try the bike on Tuesday. I told him about article I saw about people mad about delayed delivery. Store associate said the delivery dates right now were December 12 and 14 for our area. Called him the next day to officially place order. We get to end where your delivery date is show and it's January 4th! Less than 24 hours after he said it was 12/12. Now I'm nervous that I'm not getting this bike anytime soon. Go look at the Peloton Facebook page and read the comments. People experiencing multiple failed deliveries (they just don't show up) and people still waiting on their bikes they ordered in April. Ooh vay.
Muy
AG
Went and picked this one up this morning. As I wheeled it out of his place, his Nextdoor neighbor saw and said she just ordered a new one online and wish she'd known he was selling his.

Gotta love the close relationships the high rise city dwellers have with one another.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.