Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Garage Gym Rounding Into Shape

1,603 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by The Pilot
jbanda
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Finally finished moving all my yard equipment/tools/work bench into my new backyard shed.

The rest of the stall mats are now in. Just need to put up the HSPU wall reinforcement section.

I'm really happy with how this turned out.

mrmill3218
AG
Awesome set up. What kind of rack and platform do you have?
bam02
AG
Looks fantastic! Nice gym!
gigemJTH12
AG
no mirror?

where do you flex???

looks great bro.
Post removed:
by user
jbanda
AG
The rack is a Rogue R-3 (westside) bought second hand.

The platform is home made. 4 sheets of 5/8" 4'x8 plywood to serve as the base. Then a nice sheet of sanded 3/4" wood as the lifting surface with stall mats on each side.
jbanda
AG
It was definitely cramped in here before I got my backyard shed.
bam02
AG
Is the floor stained? Looks good.
jbanda
AG
No stain. The house came with garage rolled flooring (visible near the front of the garage). We then added 3/4" horse stall mats throughout like you'd find in a CrossFit gym.
MizooAg94
AG
I ran some black caulk on the seams of my stall mats, looks pretty good. Nice gym.
bam02
AG
Oh I didn't look close enough earlier. I see it's all stall mats now. Nice.
Muy
AG
Damn dude, making us all look bad!
The Pilot
AG
How do the seams look with the stall mats? We have a 12x16 room in the basement that's becoming a gym and I'm exploring floor options
jbanda
AG
Highly recommend. They're a bit of a pain to move and cut, but it ends up really nice.
Woods Ag
AG
very nice
javajaws
AG
The Pilot said:

How do the seams look with the stall mats? We have a 12x16 room in the basement that's becoming a gym and I'm exploring floor options
I just recently got some rubber rolls from garageflooringinc to put in my room formerly called a dining room (lol). They are 4' wide and cut to whatever length you want - so you would want 3 rolls 17' then cut to precise length yourself with a carpet knife. I got the 1/2 mega rubber rolls, about $3 a sq. ft.

The rolls I got had 0 smell, which is vastly different than the horse stall mats I got for my garage years ago that stunk forever. And less seams to boot...

new blinds incoming...the old ones got ripped out with a recent repaint/renovation.

Also - the rubber actually cleans up nicely with a mop (kind of surprising). These currently need mopped lol.
The Pilot
AG
I think I'm leaning towards the rolled rubber.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.