Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Road Tire Recommendations

568 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by wcb
Bert315
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have a 2015 Madone 2.3 and needing new tires. Last time I went with the same stock tires that it came with. They've been fine but have thought about changing it up. What are yalls thoughts?
AggieOO
Looking for a faster tire or something that will result in fewer flats?
Kool
AG
I changed my road tires to Continental Grand Prix 5000s and went larger than stock (to 28 mm) on my road bike. They are more comfortable and stable than the stock tires, and I cannot sense any loss of speed. When you do a deep dive into tire widths, there really is no increase in rolling resistance with some of the newer tires out there with modest increases in width.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bert315
AG
AggieOO said:

Looking for a faster tire or something that will result in fewer flats?

So I have been fortunate and not had a flat problem with the current Bontrager tires. Would prefer to get best of both worlds but know that's not completely possible. Probably more apt to go for a little more speed if possible though.
Bert315
AG
Kool said:

I changed my road tires to Continental Grand Prix 5000s and went larger than stock (to 28 mm) on my road bike. They are more comfortable and stable than the stock tires, and I cannot sense any loss of speed. When you do a deep dive into tire widths, there really is no increase in rolling resistance with some of the newer tires out there with modest increases in width.

Pretty durable tire?
Kool
AG
Bert315 said:

Kool said:

Pretty durable tire?

Seems to be. No flats as of yet.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wcb
AG
Kool said:

Continental Grand Prix 5000s
End of thread
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.