Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Concerned about weight loss

1,805 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by aznaggiegirl07
Zombie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good morning everyone. I'm not sure what is going on but for the past 2-3 months, I havent had any appetite, constantly feeling nauseous. I have lost 25 lbs in the past 3 months and I have not been dieting or anything like that. I have bad night sweats and my hands and feet are constantly cold and sweaty. I have a doctors appointment on Wednesday, but obviously, I am pretty worried. The weight thing was shocking to me when I got on the scale this morning and saw that I am down from 245 to 219 in 3 months was scary. And of course, if I look up all of the symptoms, I get the worst possible prognosis....Has anyone else gone through this and if so, what did they find?
MizooAg94
AG
Calm down, see what the doctor says.
Desert Power
zachsccr
AG
MizooAg94 said:

Calm down, see what the doctor says.

Completely agree above, but since you asked if anyone has had anything similar....

Back in April-June I lost 20 lbs without noticing, realizing, or trying. I went 165->145. I had been previously diagnosed with UC and was flaring uncontrollably all spring because I was being insufficiently treated. I also was diagnosed in July with Celiac after having been told by my old GI doctor that I could eat all the bread I wanted (I am no longer with that Dr.). Things got turned around and now I'm back up to my normal 160-165 and running almost like I used to.

My symptoms are different that some of yours along with a few other differences I'm sure, but there could be a lot of things going on besides the internet diagnosis of "cancer". Be thinking of any diet changes, lifestyle changes, even job or family stresses that might have come up in that time frame. Also if you haven't ever considered what your stool looks like or what your bowel movement frequency is, those questions may come up too.

You're doing the right thing by talking to your doctor. I hope they can give you some direction and peace of mind soon.
zooguy96
In my former job, I lost 20 pounds in 2 months and had no appetite as well. It was due to stress from the job.

Are there any stressors in your life? As mentioned, go see your doctor.
AgsMyDude
AG
Zombie said:

Good morning everyone. I'm not sure what is going on but for the past 2-3 months, I havent had any appetite, constantly feeling nauseous. I have lost 25 lbs in the past 3 months and I have not been dieting or anything like that. I have bad night sweats and my hands and feet are constantly cold and sweaty. I have a doctors appointment on Wednesday, but obviously, I am pretty worried. The weight thing was shocking to me when I got on the scale this morning and saw that I am down from 245 to 219 in 3 months was scary. And of course, if I look up all of the symptoms, I get the worst possible prognosis....Has anyone else gone through this and if so, what did they find?

I'll chime in because I'm going through this exact same thing too.

Almost always maintained a ~200-215lb weight. 1/1/20 I was 198. This sat I weighed in at 173 which is the lowest in 20 years for me. No diet or major exercise change. Went to the PCP last week, blook work came back after the apt, excellent. Follow up in 4 weeks.

Covid, job change, little kids, financial uncertainty, etc. have been major stressors and PCP thinks it's the cause (especially with the great blood work). Working on stress management to see if the weight loss will slow or reverse.

Have you been doing any exercise? Sounds counterintuitive but will help with the stress level 100%.
zooguy96
Any stressors in your life? I have a ton - being a teacher, family, etc.
AgsMyDude
AG
OP, what did your doctor say?
Diggity
AG
I think I've diagnosed the problem

https://texags.com/forums/59/topics/3136895
aznaggiegirl07
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.