Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Stomach issues - gastritis?

1,705 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by cr0wbar
Na Zdraví 87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm having stomach issues. No appetite, stomach pain at times, nausea at times, and has been going on for several weeks. Stomach feels like it is doing flips from time to time. Lots of noises. I do get on and off diarrhea.
Saw my MD and he is having me do a stool sample and ordering numerous tests from that. Said depending on the results, may have to get an upper GI.

Question is, my symptoms look like gastritis. I can't even drink a beer anymore as it makes me nauseated.
Anyone ever dealt with gastritis and how did you get over it?
bigtruckguy3500
If it is gastritis, some pepto bismol and prilosec/prevacid/zantac should help.

I always recommend doing a food and symptom diary. Try and isolate what foods make your symptoms worse, and start eliminating them. Maybe there's not connection, or maybe there is.

Could also be H Pylori (the bacteria that causes ulcers). A stool test can check for the presence of H Pylori, as well as blood. But give some pepto and an antacid a try, as well as a food log, and see how you do. I'm sure he also asked about risk factors for a food/water borne illness.
lamivudine
sounds like IBS
bigtruckguy3500
lamivudine said:

sounds like IBS
Good point, if you do a food log, be sure to document any stress you're going through.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Thanks big truck. I will try that. My stomach/intestines are doing backflips again.
rooftop18403
A few years ago I went up to the minute clinic with stomach pain that had me in a real bad way. They didn't find anything that stood out and just treated me like I was some junkie looking for a fix. The doctor ended up calling it gastritis. I came to a conclusion it was stress induced as this same bout happens about once a year when I start to get max stressed about various circumstances.
maldivesag
AG
Sounds like gasritus. Stay away from any acid foods like tomato's, onions and especially alcohol. Do a doze of Zantac every night. Also good daily supplement on amazon called Heather's tummy tamers. It's peppermint oil and fennel. I take one daily and it helps
rebag00
AG
maldivesag said:

Sounds like gasritus. Stay away from any acid foods like tomato's, onions and especially alcohol. Do a doze of Zantac every night. Also good daily supplement on amazon called Heather's tummy tamers. It's peppermint oil and fennel. I take one daily and it helps
Unfortunately Zantac is no longer sold in the US. Another proton pump inhibitor could be used, perhaps.
jopatura
AG
If you don't start feeling better, have them check the gallbladder.
javie
maldivesag said:

Yeah, I had same symptoms, and it was gastritis... You should go to your doc. Also, have a look at Canada Drugs for some info about it and some good and working medicine which you will like. Good luck with it, hope I was helpful
aznaggiegirl07
AG
rebag00 said:

maldivesag said:

Unfortunately Zantac is no longer sold in the US. Another proton pump inhibitor could be used, perhaps.
I would start with an H2 blocker over a PPI starting off...

Things like caffeine, smoking/drinking and sedentary lifestayle may exacerbate the symptoms.

like bigtruck says, keep a food diary and see if it helps.
cr0wbar
AG
jopatura said:

If you don't start feeling better, have them check the gallbladder.
+1
I had my surgery a year ago.
My pain was more akin to abdominal/diaphragm type of pain. Like the worst kind of acid reflux. My Dr told me some have even experienced 'heart attack' like symptoms. My MRI revealed gallstones.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.