Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

SOTA Weight loss program

22,896 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Gomer95
buddybee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Keep hearing a lot of ads about program. What program is it? Is this just a rebranded KETO diet. I guess they are taking the place of the Quick Weight Loss ads that I use the hear all the time. Any info would be heathful.
wbt5845
AG
I frankly have thought about going to work for them. Business is booming as there's no shortage of fat people. And i have a motivating story, having lost 90 lbs.
double aught
AG
They must be spending a fortune on advertising in DFW.
Gomer95
AG
I was around 170-180 in high school and gained weight through college to 223 and then my Sr. year at A&M lost on my own to 170 and then after college with a desk job and age, etc. I slowly over the next 22 years gained 10-15 lbs, would lose 5, then gained 10-15 lbs more and lose 5, etc. until it all just got me to where I was obese and overweight even though "I carried it well". Most folks thought I weighed around 250 when my weight was more like 270-290.

I procrastinated for a long time and finally took the plunge and tried SOTA this past late February and over the course of 6 months I lost 100 lbs on the diet for a total of 120 lbs (I lost 20 lbs by myself last Fall doing Intermittent Fasting). I went from 294 at my heaviest last Fall to my now weight of 176 and I have been on maintenance for about 3 months and only gain a lb or two occasionally and then it's gone the next day which I assume is just water weight. I'm also 100% off ALL my old blood pressure medicine that I had been on for 20 years (Dad and Grandpa were skinny but had high blood pressure so it was genetic) and I don't use a CPAP anymore at all. Me having no high blood pressure given my genetic history is an absolute miracle.

I seriously thought SOTA was a scam at first just because "it was an ad on the radio" but it's not; it's very scientific. It is expensive but I have tried lots of things and never had the amount of success I have with SOTA so to me it's been priceless. I used the Fort Worth SOTA so they are the ones I know but that program has totally changed my life. I'll always be a proponent of them and it worked at least for me to become a lifestyle when nothing else did. If you have any questions, ask them and I'll answer them. Or send me a private message if you want more info.
Apache
AG
Quote:

It is expensive

How much?
AggieOO
Apache said:

Quote:

It is expensive

How much?
can you put a price on State of the Art?
Apache
AG
Gomer95
AG
It's basically about $37 a day and so the cost would be dependent on how long you needed to use them. You use their products for the protein part of your day but I still ate real food along with it like vegetables with each meal and animal protein (chicken, beef, fish, eggs) once a day. I was eating out every day at lunch so the cost wasn't that much more than I was already spending. It was pricey but I probably would have paid triple if I would have known the outcome, and I don't mean just being at a lower weight. I feel a million times better and the fact I've been able to keep it off and still eat fun stuff now in moderation is worth its weight in gold.
wbt5845
AG
Gomer95 said:

It's basically about $37 a day and so the cost would be dependent on how long you needed to use them. You use their products for the protein part of your day but I still ate real food along with it like vegetables with each meal and animal protein (chicken, beef, fish, eggs) once a day. I was eating out every day at lunch so the cost wasn't that much more than I was already spending. It was pricey but I probably would have paid triple if I would have known the outcome, and I don't mean just being at a lower weight. I feel a million times better and the fact I've been able to keep it off and still eat fun stuff now in moderation is worth its weight in gold.

So do the counselers there look like normal people or are they all super buff young people? The counselers make pretty decent $ but I don't want to pursue it if they just use young, pretty people.
Gomer95
AG
They were nutritionists and lol I know what you are getting at but no it wasn't like getting some muscled out gym trainer or something. NOT that there's anything wrong with that lol. They were very knowledgeable and I know for sure a couple of them had degrees pertinent to nutrition, etc.
TheClaw07
AG
How much is the maintenance program?
Gomer95
AG
It's free for life after you finish the program. Maintenance just means you are back in the real food world and make your own choices but you can check in with them once a month for life to weigh in and make sure you're not gaining a lot of weight back. So far out of 3 months I haven't gained any.
TheClaw07
AG
Gotcha. I've considered it, but only truly have 20 pounds to lose so I'm not sure if I'm their target demographic.
Gomer95
AG
Well there's a lot of people that do it with not much weight to lose. I think their "target demographic" is just anyone that wants to lose weight period. You don't have to be obese to want to lose weight and can't do it on your own. I have a friend who's almost done with her SOTA and she only needed to lose about 20-25 lbs and never could and now she has so don't let that stop you from checking it out. At the least, you'll spend less money than I did lol.
culdeus
AG
This comes up a lot in the ticket thread, what I've gathered:

• It's $265 a week
  • They set a maintenance weight for you but fight you if you want to cut out early.
  • The contract says you pay till you hit maintenance. It's hard to get out of.
  • It's virtually the same program as what herbalife does
  • The diet isn't anything special, it's protein and fiber heavy.
  • Coaches tend to be better trained than your typical MLM-mom.

Search for Reddit TheTicket SOTA to get a few more honest reactions and search the Texags Metroplex Ticket thread for SOTA.
culdeus
AG
Apache said:

Quote:

It is expensive

How much?
265/wk - Which if keeping score at home works out to 14 grand a year.
Gomer95
AG
As a SOTA customer with success, I wanted to comment on your findings because some of these aren't correct although most of them are.

• It's $265 a week - Pretty much. $37 a day
  • 265/wk - Which if keeping score at home works out to 14 grand a year. - true but most folks don't need a year. I did half a year for 100 lbs and it was not 7 grand, not even close. It was cheaper so that may not exactly be an accurate number you have. But the more weight you have to lose the more expensive it will be for sure.
  • They set a maintenance weight for you but fight you if you want to cut out early.
  • The contract says you pay till you hit maintenance. It's hard to get out of. - I don't know anything about these two contract comments because I stayed in it until maintenance but when I paid I paid based on how many weeks they thought it would take me to get to my goal. I reached the end of that and still needed to do about 4 more weeks to hit my goal and they gave me the option to do it or not, I didn't HAVE to stay in until I hit maintenance. I think for the first few months of my 6 months I was working at home all the time becasue of the pandemic so I lost 1-2 lbs less each week than I normally would have if I would have been at work moving around a lot and if that would have been the case I probably would have hit my goal at the appropriate time.
  • It's virtually the same program as what herbalife does - No idea about herbalife
  • The diet isn't anything special, it's protein and fiber heavy. - fiber through vegetables yes and it's also a low carb; it's not a keto diet but I was in a mild ketosis.
  • Coaches tend to be better trained than your typical MLM-mom. - LOL all of the nutritionists "coaches" I had graduated with a degree in nutrition or something similar from a college including one from Texas A&M so yes they are better trained than a MLM mom. They were very knowledgeable and it was pretty scientific.

You're correct on most of these but just wanted to address this based on my experience. Now all I can speak to is what I experienced at my one location but don't believe everything negative you read online because most of those probably are people that didn't stick with it for some reason or another. I saw a lot of other people in person that were having great results too so I'm glad I used them!
Gomer95
AG
Here's what I said on the Ticket thread on the Metroplex board. If you or someone else is able to lose weight doing it your own way that's awesome but most people, myself included, need help telling me what to eat and when and also accountability with checking in each week. Losing 10-15 lbs isn't too hard to do solo but losing 100 lbs is way harder to stick with. Sure it can be done on your own but it usually isn't. Trust me I tried several things in the last 20 years.

If you really want to lose weight; here's what I tell people. Lots of things work, SOTA, Optavia, Weight watchers, keto, etc. and whatever is a HEALTHY way to lose weight and whatever you are jazzed and excited about, do that one. You'll have way more success if you are excited and invested in a program vs. one that you reluctantly tried. SOTA was perfect for me but it may not be perfect for everyone. My buddy is doing Keto solo and has lost 70 lbs. so like I said, do what's healthy and something you will stick with and can keep the weight off when you're done!
culdeus
AG
Yeah, somehow money is a big accountability item. The way they structure is it you pay (alot) till you aren't fat. That seems to help. I suppose on some level that makes sense.
Gomer95
AG
LOL well it sure made me stick to it because I paid for it and I dang sure wasn't going to not get what I paid for.
culdeus
AG
Gomer95 said:

LOL well it sure made me stick to it because I paid for it and I dang sure wasn't going to not get what I paid for.
It sounds like the real reason it works, is they will hold you hostage till a contract, until you finish your terms.
Gomer95
AG
Not at all.
culdeus
AG
I think I'll start a weight loss company where at the end of each week if you don't lose weight I kick you straight in the balls, then see if that is a better motivation than losing a grand a month.
Gomer95
AG
That would motivate me for sure LOL.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.