Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Extruded Disc

586 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Vernada
lonestaraggie25
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Got a MRI in January and that was the verdict. Since I'm young no surgery was recommended. Reinjured it about 4 weeks ago and it was really bad pain at first but has subsided. I've been doing PT, heat/ice, and lots of stretching. Anyone dealt with this before? If so, what was your experience? Surgery or time? Thanks.
Vernada
AG
I have two bulging (effacement) discs. Starting PT this week.

Fingers crossed I can do that without any additional intervention.
Kool
AG
Had a disc bothering me on and off for years. PT,rest, anti inflammatory meds, etc. Finally got a caudal epidural (hurt like hell for 15 seconds), pain free since as far as sciatica goes. That isn't everyone's experience but luckily it was mine.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Vernada
AG
I think that's what the doc initially recommended for me before starting PT. It was an ESI - some type of epidural. But I'm normally pain free and even when I have pain it's more discomfort that can be treated with OTC so I opted to jump straight to PT and avoid the injection for now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.