Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Shakeology

2,418 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ragoo
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody had success with this as a meal supplement? I've used various beach body workouts and have completed P90x and P90x3 in the past 10 years, but I never used shakeology as part of my meal plan.

42 now and I need to drop 15-20... again! Trying to find something I can substitute for lunch. Carbs and probably dairy need to go, at least temporarily... harder to work out today because of inflammation in my joints.

Anyway, looking at Shakeology as a good meal replacement to compliment dietary changes and my new workouts. I works be mixing with unsweetened almond milk fyi.

Thanks!
culdeus
AG
Horribly expensive for what it is.
culdeus
AG
Plus isn't it nearly entirely dairy based
Marauder Blue 6
AG
If you put in the effort, there are plenty of ways for you to accomplish your goal without paying what they want you to.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
FC12
HUEL.
Ragoo
AG
Is one bag 17 meals?
Vernada
AG
I use Huel all the time.

Regular, Black, and now the Hot & Savory.

Ragoo - the bags (Regular and Black) each make 17 x 400 cal meals.

The hot and savory is 7 x 400 cal meals.

Happy to answer any other questions.
FC12
In a shipment order, you get 2 bags...so depending on what you buy, reg vs black Ed., could be $65-$75. I've been a subscriber every 2 weeks for about 5 months now.

Huel has been a major part of my 30 pound muscle gain since March.
lazuras_dc
AG
I use it but not religiously. I like the taste of the chocolate and its easy to cleanup unlike other smoothies I've made. Ill throw in a 1/2-1 scoop of the chocolate powder with a banana, spinach, almonds, ice, and water and blend it into a smoothie. I'll do if for dinner if I've had a big lunch or if I'm hungry in the mornings (I usually don't eat breakfast).

I use it more to tide me over versus using it to lose weight. I also like the added benefit of the vitamins and nutrients it supposedly provides. I've heard its overpriced but right now I'll stick with what I like versus blowing money on different other shake powders to see if there's one I like equally or more thats cheaper.
Frok
AG
Shakeology is good but it's expensive. My wife uses it and I wish she would venture out and find something cheaper.

But I choose my battles and this is one I am choosing not to pursue.

jr15aggie
AG
Thanks for the responses... haven't figured out how I want to tackle this but these are all good suggestions. My wife cooks most nights for dinner and she is great at cooking healthy... just need to find a better solution for lunches. I'll look into Huel and some of the other recommendations.
aggielax48
AG
Opinions on Black vs Hot & Savory? Both worth a try?

Anybody have a referral code they want to give out?
Vernada
AG
Regardless of macro make-up, they are really different animals.

The hot and savory is pretty much a 'proper' meal / you add boiling water and let it sit for 5min. Really good stuff.

But, not quite the same as shaking up some powder and cold water.

For Black the new coffee caramel is top notch. I'm thinking my next round will just be two bags of that.

I'd suggest you try both.

Just a tip: I've tried some of the add in flavors and never been too impressed with any of those.

Also, I haven't been too impressed with the bars. Not really any better tasting than a standard health bar.

I'd love to give you a code and save a few $$, but the codes aren't anonymous, and I don't wanna be posting a link with my full name in it. :-/
Ragoo
AG
Are you using as a meal replacement? I am thinking about something for lunch. Working from home I find myself struggling to stop and eat. Something quick instead of making food would be great. But 400 calories is likely not enough.
aggielax48
AG
If you want shoot me your code username at gmail dot com
Vernada
AG
Ragoo said:

Are you using as a meal replacement? I am thinking about something for lunch. Working from home I find myself struggling to stop and eat. Something quick instead of making food would be great. But 400 calories is likely not enough.

I use it for everything from snacks to meals depending on what I need to hit my macros.

For the shakes, as long as you are using a scale you can get whatever calories you need/want.

On the hot and savory I've added both rice and chicken when I needed it to be more.
Vernada
AG
Will do first thing tomorrow.

code sent
Ragoo
AG
Here is mine. After Vernada sends his.

https://huel.mention-me.com/m/ol/ad8pl-tyler-waite
Warbledwrassler
Mlms
Vernada
AG
Ragoo said:

Here is mine. After Vernada sends his.

https://huel.mention-me.com/m/ol/ad8pl-tyler-waite
what did you end up trying?
Ragoo
AG
Just the basic in vanilla and chocolate.
Hodor
jr15aggie
AG
Quick update since I started the thread... hate it when OP's just disappear after lots of good comments.

For now I'm using the Vega mix as my lunch option at work. Thanks for the suggestion above! Mixing with almond milk, ice, and I'll mix in some fruit or PB depending on what I have. Bought a cool compact ninja blender that makes it super easy. I think it will work well to limit my calories and carbs at lunch.
Ragoo
AG
Huel Vanilla = good
Huel Chocolate = bad
Vernada
AG
That's pretty much my take.

On the black, the new coffee caramel is really good.
Ragoo
AG
The chocolate doesn't taste good and is more difficult to mix.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.