Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Kids covid test?

819 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
CS78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Need to take the kids to the doctor. Symptoms don't match covid but im sure theyll want to test them. How is that being done? Long swab up the nose? Not sure if that's the best for their mental health and might reconsider the doctor for a day.
CDub06
AG
There are saliva swabs that would be a much better option for the kid. Call the doc and see what their process is.
03_Aggie
CS78 said:

Need to take the kids to the doctor. Symptoms don't match covid but im sure theyll want to test them. How is that being done? Long swab up the nose? Not sure if that's the best for their mental health and might reconsider the doctor for a day.

As mentioned above, call and see what options they have.

My daughter (6) had to get swabbed twice for her tonsillectomy. My son has a cold and his pediatrician did a rapid test (saliva) so we could quickly confirm a negative test for school (swabs can take up to 7 days to get results).
CS78
Pediatrician said a test was needed for them to return to school even though she didn't seem to think it was needed. They only offered the nasal swab so said no thanks. Anybody know of somewhere local that will do the mouth swab?
Ol Jock 99
AG
My 4 year old and I got tested yesterday. He didn't even tear up. "They tickled my brain hahaha."
expresswrittenconsent
Their mental health can't handle a nasal swab?
Thoughts and prayers.
ChipFTAC01
AG
My kid (almost 4) got tested this week. Up the nose. Didn't bother him at all.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.