Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Gout

678 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Big Cat `93
hawk1689
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm in the middle of what has now been a two month period of constant gout attacks. I haven't eaten beef or drank alcohol since they started. I take Indocin for the imflammation and that keeps the pain tolerable. I've taken allopurinol before, but I would prefer to stay off. Have you guys experienced any other diet triggers for this condition? I've heard fried food from some people but my pediotrist doesn't think so. Do you guys have any tricks to flush the uric acid?
Macpappy99
AG
My dad follows this diet for his gout and it seems to keep it under control. I think he also takes allopurinol.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/gout-diet/art-20048524
SnyderAg02
I had my first gout attack last April or May on a heavily plant based diet with no ultra processed carbs. I went full carnivore in July (which made me nervous) and my gout has disappeared. The flare ups that I had for about two to three months after the first got progressively better. I've been carnivore for 14 months now and my gout has. It resurfaced. I eat about 95 percent beef.
Big Cat `93
AG
Beef is my trigger, which is why I haven't eaten it since my last attack in 2007. It really seems to differ individually. I pray that you find your trigger quickly. I know how agonizing it is.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.