Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Anyone had peroneal issues?

1,502 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by jamotoe1
MaroonSpirit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am having peroneal issues. Fraying, flattening, etc
I was in a boot, now an air cast.

Trying to avoid surgery. Has anyone had anything like this? Did you have to have surgery?
aggiederelict
You tried to rehab it? How bad is the fraying? What did the doc say?
MaroonSpirit
AG
Yep. Pt for 8 weeks.
Partial tears.
Will recheck with Dr on the 29th but we had the surgery talk last visit... She put me in the air cast to try to rest it.
Was wondering if anyone had had surgery to know what I was getting into. I felt fine going into knee surgery. There's just something different about your foot.
MaroonSpirit
AG
Mri report is 3 pages long with lots of bold.
I can send to you if you want
aggiederelict
Copy and paste into here if you want or you can email it to ben@axiompt.com
MaroonSpirit
AG
Mri sent
aggiederelict
I'll take a look early next week and let you know my thoughts. Thanks.
Ronnie
AG
Just checking in to say I thought you guys were talking about his perineum issues. I had to look up peroneal and I am glad that was the problem instead of what I was thinking.
MaroonSpirit
AG
I would change the title to ankle / peroneal issues but I have no clue how.
zachsccr
AG
Ronnie said:

Just checking in to say I thought you guys were talking about his perineum issues. I had to look up peroneal and I am glad that was the problem instead of what I was thinking.
I'm generally against name changes just for the sake of them, but maybe this is why they are moving more towards "fibular" (aka common fibular nerve, fibularis longus and brevis)
MaroonSpirit
AG
I'd be for that!
aggiederelict
To be fair they were saying this over 13 years ago when I started PT school.
MaroonSpirit
AG
What do you think derelict?
Stumpknocker
What he said!
jamotoe1
Randomly, yes my husband is dealing with peroneal issues. About 6 weeks ago or so he suddenly was unable to move his toes up in his right foot and had loss of sensation and some other things.

We were both going to the podiatrist for new orthotics anyway, and he mentioned the issue to our podiatrist. She said he has drop foot, with no obvious signs of trauma and needed to see a neurologist for an EMG and nerve conduction test.

He had the two tests on Thursday and the neurologist said he has anterior peroneal neuropathy, but gave no other information or guidance and said he'd need to speak with his doctor. His referring doctor is a podiatrist and I don't believe this is really her field and the testing neurologist said you'd probably need to see a neurologist.

We're slightly confused about what he's supposed to do with this information at this point, but yes he's dealing with this as well. I guess the difference is he wasn't in a cast. He does cross his legs, so perhaps this is the cause.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.