Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Quarantine Fitness

4,844 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by third coast..
Post removed:
by user
JoeOlson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Assuming you have an iPad, laptop, smarttv I would either sign for peloton digital or find some body weight workout programs on YouTube, Nike run etc.

I think there's a 30 day trial anyways and you're going to need something just so you don't go insane. Try yoga, meditation, body weight workouts etc.

Sorry to hear about this!
AggieOO

Post removed:
by user
K Bo
AG
the peloton app has a ton of guided workouts/yoga/stretching that you can do from your cell hotel room. no bike/tread required.
Vernada
AG
Jump rope?
JoeOlson
AG
At this point, I don't even ride my Peloton bike that often, but I use the app daily. It clearly doesn't have to be Peloton, but it's a free 30 day trial and it will give you as many options as you're going to find just sitting around in a hotel room.

Sorry to hear about all of this. Good luck!
jamotoe1
Honestly, doing mat Pilates is perfect for little space and no equipment. For time efficiency I feel it's much better than the peloton workouts (which are still fine). You are working strength, stability, flexibility and core for a lot of the workout all at the same time. There are lots of videos online but I like the GymRa videos by Lindsay. Something like this:

On a side note, if you're truly not allowed to leave the hotel room at all, then what is the point of traveling to Japan. Is that a slight exaggeration?
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
jamotoe1
That makes sense.

Burpees are good in a small space, but it could be noisy to anyone below you. Lots of variations of planks. When you find out the furniture situation at your hotel maybe step ups and step downs wearing a backpack for more weight.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
OaklandAg06
AG
Burpees.
More Burpees.

Good luck

For some inspiration check out this guy's YT channel: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCBUo6dgGR82QOfidtpNRQww
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Seven Costanza
AG
You can find whatever you need on YouTube. Resistance band workouts, no equipment workouts, HIIT, abs, whatever.

Something as simple as this works well for a chest workout, assuming you don't have specific hypertrophy goals and just want to "stay in shape":

Pahdz
Worked for Herschel

https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/the-herschel-walker-workout/
Marauder Blue 6
AG
third coast.. said:

anyone have any tips or tricks or must have accessories for those resistance bands?
Be careful and don't let it snap you in the eye. I saw my eye MD today and one of his patients today was someone who was doing a band workout and it snapped into their eye and they are now blind in that eye.
culdeus
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

third coast.. said:

anyone have any tips or tricks or must have accessories for those resistance bands?
Be careful and don't let it snap you in the eye. I saw my eye MD today and one of his patients today was someone who was doing a band workout and it snapped into their eye and they are now blind in that eye.

I'm trying to think thru what that would be? Emulating a pull down?
Capitol Ag
AG
First, what are your normal "fitness" goals? That will effect what you can do, if anything. For instance, if it's a real strength program, you're probably screwed. Progressive overload is truly next to impossible with body weight and bands etc. And honestly I have seen a lot of shoulder issues with those who focused on body weight exercises like push ups during the shut down to a point that I think push ups, band exercises etc lead to more injuries and overuse issues than real barbell movements ever would give you. Heck, I have grown to believe push ups are a MASSIVE waste of time. They honestly weaken a strong athlete and hurt the ones that are not. The number 1 way to lose your squat and bench numbers are doing a bunch of body weight BS. These are things the commercial gym training world will probably lose their mind over, but it's really true.

If you are more of endurance athlete/"general fitness" as opposed to strength training or even hypertrophy training (body building/muscle growth) than I will say that if you do the body weight exercises with care and exact form and truly watching it b/c, again, it's dangerous, it's fine in moderation. Honestly, you might be better off just laying low and taking the hit as you are not going to become "unhealthy" in that short of a time and might be able to use the rest even. You'll lose some strength, but that better than hurting yourself trying to do something you are unfamiliar with while in a place that's not your normal place to train in. Sucks, but that's my advice. A few push ups and stuff are fine just do not over do it. Honestly, your conditioning can be done with a jump rope. Hell, I would just get that and do a bunch of jump rope circuits and build those up over time. 2-4 times a week. Obviously things like a battle rope or Concept 2 Rower would be AWESOME but probably not realistic in a hotel room but if you had access to their gym then they might (but doubt it) have those. Otherwise, simple things and eat whatever they give you. Look, it's Japan, doubt the "unhealthy" food is that unhealthy. Eat the rice (carbs aren't evil) and enjoy whatever you get.
Post removed:
by user
jamotoe1
Since you can't really work on those goals, and you're going to be bored that's why I think Pilates is a great idea. So many guys balk at it, but it will make a difference in your balance, core strength and flexibility. It might not be your defined goal, but it's wonderful for functional fitness and should help you when you can go back to how you like to train.
one MEEN Ag
AG
Pistol squats can kick your butt. It'll work on flexibility as well as core strength. If you weigh 150, doing a one legged squats on both legs would be the equivalent of putting a 150 pounds on a bar. (assume air squats means 0 pounds, Removing one leg from the ground means half of your body weight is added to your other leg. Now multiply that by two when you switch legs.) Easy to add weight with heavy objects.

Best of luck, if I had to spend 21 days in a room where I couldn't leave or even open a window at all I'd go mad.
Bring some books. Maybe get a prescription for Valium as well.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
one MEEN Ag
AG
If seafaring doesn't work out, you'd have an awesome career in loading water jugs into office coolers.
htxag09
AG
We have completely different fitness goals so I may be confused or just wrong, but, I'd be cautious of eating more protein, protein powder, extra calories in general when you're being restricted like you are and aren't getting in your typical workouts. Your daily calorie burn will probably be significantly lower.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.