Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Cruiser bike recommendation

739 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by buckinaggie
LoudestWHOOP!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need a recommendation for a comfort/cruiser Bike around $400. We are In our mid 50s.
My wife and I have been using single speed Schwann cruiser bikes, and are looking to upgrade to a 3 or 7 speed comfort/cruiser for each of us. We ride 10-12 miles on the each weekend Day. Gear-wise these bikes top out around 20mph. We do fine with the single speed but it took months to get to where it did not kill us. We would like to be more comfortable if we change our route or take them out of town.
I am 6' and wife is 5' 5" for sizing if it matters.

Thanks for all recommendations.
htxag09
AG
You in a rush? Market is crazy for used bikes right now. New can't be kept in stock. I was at bike barn doing some service to my bike and while I was there they put out two mountain bikes and both sold before I left.

I'm personally debating upgrading my bike when things get back more to "normal." I believe there will be an oversupplied market. Both in bike shops and used bikes through the various marketplaces.

For recommendations, I'd look for step through bikes. Some thing they are more for girls, but honestly are pretty convenient so think it's silly for a guy to not consider them for a cruiser. My wife really liked the specialized roll, almost bought one before this madness, but she's a dime ass so wouldn't pull the trigger.
jetch17
AG
I have an Electra Townie 7D (tall frame) which is more of a cruiser style - but just right at 7 speed. Good for cruising the hood or putting speed on when you want.

I put 12.5 miles on it a day. Has held up like a horse

buckinaggie
I'd look into Priority Bicycles. They are well built and very low maintenance...as they use a Gates Carbon Belt Drive. Their cruiser bike is called the Priority Coast.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.