Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Recs for yoga workout videos

2,154 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bigtruckguy3500
bagger05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking to incorporate some yoga with my exercise routine a couple times a week. Years ago when I did P90X when I was disciplined about the yoga routine it made a HUGE difference in my performance in all the other workouts.

Would prefer something that is about an hour instead of the 90 minute P90X video but since I saw results doing that routine I would probably like to stick to one that is similar (sun salutations, warrior poses, etc).

Anyone have a good recommendation for a video they like to do over and over or a series of videos they like?
jtraggie99
AG
Not so much a specific video, but Yoga International has a website / app with tons of yoga videos. Lots of different types of flows, from full body to area specific, and from short (20 mins) to 90 mins. I think it runs about $15 a month. And of course they have a trial, like everything else, so you can check it out for free.
ptothemo
AG
I really like the videos on the Nike Training Club app. There's a whole range of durations and purposes, but I really like that they are more functional and direct than a lot of stuff out there. I can only do so much of the breathing into my connective state transcendental stuff when I really just want to stay flexible and healthy.
TXTransplant
I'm a huge fan of Les Mills BodyFlow. For about $15/month you can get a subscription that provides access to all of their online content (they have at least five or six other programs). The BodyFlow videos are very good.
Seven Costanza
AG
There are an endless amount of yoga videos on YouTube.
Max Power
AG
Also a ton of options on amazon prime.
MizooAg94
AG
The p90x stretch is also very good and 60 minutes. When we had dish we recorded Namaste yoga, 30 minutes. Streams free on tubi I believe...
bagger05
AG
Seven Costanza said:

Was hoping to find a good recommendation of the free variety. Any in particular you like on YouTube?
BQ2001
AG
Have a friend always raving about this one
https://yogawithadriene.com/
bigtruckguy3500
I've done some of her videos a few times, they're pretty good. The only thing I don't like about them is that they're a little too hippy for me (at least the videos I did). I really don't want to sit there and meditate (although I could probably use the stress reduction). I really want videos that get to the point and focus on flexibility and strength.
Aggie71013
AG
RIB does these and I've done a few with her. Biggest complaint is Adrienne never stops talking. Lots of variety though.
Vernada
AG
Along the same lines - does anyone have a good stretching routine?

That's something i really need to incorporate into my day.
Seven Costanza
AG
bagger05 said:

Seven Costanza said:

Was hoping to find a good recommendation of the free variety. Any in particular you like on YouTube?
This one has none of the nonsense:

Minimal hippyness here, in my opinion:

amanda04
AG
BQ2001 said:

I second Yoga with Adriene. She's on YouTube as well. The only drawback for you is that not all of her videos are exactly 60 minutes. The plus side is that you can search by different ailments/muscles that are tight or specific flows.
P.U.T.U
AG
Five Parks Yoga on Youtube, tons of videos with different lengths, variety, and skill level. I stopped trying other ones since she is consistent. The below one is my go to

bagger05
AG
That first video you posted was exactly what I was looking for. Extremely humbling but I know this will help all my other workouts.

He has a 30 minute yoga for golf video I'm going to work in on the weekends.

Thanks for the recommendation.
culdeus
AG
BQ2001 said:

These are fantastic for a beginner. She has a series of 30 day challenges that are good.
country
AG
P90X3 Yoga is great also. 30 minutes instead of 90 but faster paced.
bigtruckguy3500
Saw a recent ad on FB or YouTube for this https://www.macrofit.co/mobility-for-calisthenics/

She doesn't call it Yoga, but it looks like Yoga with a little bit of a physical therapy twist to it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.