Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

IMTX - I'm out

6,073 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jim01
wcb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For anyone else interested in a high dollar room, the selling point is that it's walking distance to transition.

Happy wife, happy life.
Jim01
AG
Just got the email. Officially cancelled.
Jim01
AG
Dear James,
When we postponed the IRONMAN Texas triathlon from its original date of April 25, 2020 and relocated it from The Woodlands to Waco to coincide with the IRONMAN 70.3 Waco weekend on October 17, 2020, we felt confident we would still be able to deliver an exceptional combined event.

Unfortunately, based on further conversations with and direction from local Waco authorities in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic, and with the health and safety of our community being an utmost priority, the IRONMAN Texas triathlon cannot take place in 2020. The event will return to The Woodlands on April 24, 2021.

All registered athletes of the 2020 IRONMAN Texas triathlon will have their race registration automatically deferred to the 2021 race date, but we have also provided a variety of additional race options. All options are listed below.

1. Free deferral to 2021 IRONMAN Texas: April 24, 2021

2. Free deferral to 2021 Certified Piedmontese IRONMAN Tulsa: May 23, 2021

3. Free deferral to 2021 ViewSPORT IRONMAN Lake Placid: July 25, 2021*

4. Free deferral to 2021 Select Blinds IRONMAN Maryland: September 18, 2021

5. Free deferral to 2021 Little Debbie IRONMAN Chattanooga Presented by McKee, A Family Bakery: September 26, 2021

6. Free deferral to 2021 IRONMAN California: October 24, 2021

* Limited availability

Immediately following this communication, you will receive an email from Active with a link to select your race option. If you would like to compete on April 24, 2021, no action is required at this time. If you choose to not remain in the new race date, you will have until Friday, October 2 at 11:59 p.m. ET to complete your new race selection in the provided Active link.

We also realize that this change may impact your travel arrangements, therefore registered athletes are advised to contact their travel providers immediately to inform them of your situation.

If you have additional questions, please contact texas@ironman.com.

While we are prevented from holding the event in 2020, we thank you for your commitment and look forward to providing you with an exceptional race experience in the future.

The IRONMAN Texas Team
htxag09
AG
**** me. **** this virus. **** this pussification of society. **** 2020.

Sorry, don't mean to get political. Just blowing off steam. Feel free to ignore my rant
Jim01
AG
I had just gotten the shipping notification for the wetsuit I ordered yesterday that I'll no longer need.

Free returns but still.

I'm doing virtual Kona 10/10 then. No way I have trained twice in one year and not getting an Ironman under my belt.
agcivengineer
AG
That sucks for yall. It really does. I wonder what will happen with the galveston 70.3 now...hopefully it was mcllennan county that caused this and galveston has more guts.
Ragoo
AG
Hopefully it happens. If not will be my 3rd race move so far. Twice 70.3 Chattanooga before.
htxag09
AG
Any thoughts on oilman Tri? Really want to do a race to "reward" myself for 60+ weeks of training. But really don't want to sign up and commit money to just be deferred to 2021 or 2022 (that's their current covid cancellation policy)
Jim01
AG
I love Oilman. Wearing my 2017 finisher shirt today in fact. It's a nicely run race. Fun hilly bike. I've done it twice.

They just completely redid the resort though and converted it to a Margaritaville resort. I haven't been out there since but I imagine it's pretty much the same.

Would highly recommend the race. It's a good one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.