Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Pulled muscle in neck??

537 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by JDL 96
RightWingConspirator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guys, I did my shoulder workout on Wednesday evening which consisted of some standing barbell presses. Not sure, but I may have strained getting those last reps in to the point where the back of my neck feels some sharp pain, but what has me even more concerned is the front of my neck. At this point it hurts down by my clavicle. I particularly feel it if I'm eating or drinking. I can feel it pulling something behind my clavicle that causes some discomfort.

Has anybody experienced this before? Trying to rule out whether I have something else going on with me. If it is a muscle issue, I'll gladly take some time off of lifting, but I'm more worried about whether it could be something else.

Your help is much appreciated.
"But it is easier to purchase products that denote superiority than to be actually superior in economic achievement." - Thomas J. Stanley
10andBOUNCE
AG
I've had some on and off muscle strains in my neck, probably from OHP and other lifts. I don't have any great tips or anything but I've just been more aware when warming up, etc.

I do roll it with one of the wooden sticks at the gym and it feels amazing. Increases my mobility instantly.
aggiederelict
Looks up the sternocleidomastoid muscle. Yes that is a real muscle. Does that seem where the problem is?
RightWingConspirator
AG
This may be the muscle. I first felt it in my throat, but now I feel it in my clavicle area.
"But it is easier to purchase products that denote superiority than to be actually superior in economic achievement." - Thomas J. Stanley
JDL 96
Ack. That sounds crappy. Sorry to hear it. My guess (not a doc or anything) is that it gets at least a little better in a few days or a week. If it started after the Wednesday workout, it seems likely it is linked.

IF it is something else and there was a problem that won't go away on its own, I'd bet you'd have another bad symptom, or a new one will pop up. You'll know something is wrong. You won't have to guess.

I wouldn't worry about it unless it gets worse or something else pops up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.