Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Best budget/beginner spin bike for home use

1,187 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MavsAg
Gordon McKernan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Promised the wife we would get a spin bike for the house. She subscribes to the Peloton app and does a lot of their workouts at home & the gym.

She really doesn't care about all the stats, just wants a basic spin bike she can hop on and do her best to mimic the Peloton rides. I know cadence/resistance etc she will have to use her judgement and she is fine with that. The room it will go in has a large TV which she would use to stream her workouts.

Budget is $350. Lower the better. I know how these things go, people always say - just spend a little more and get this one... Trying to avoid that. I'm open to going the used route if the right one pops up and is a good deal.

My amazon searches always bring me back to this Yosuda bike, which appears to be out of stock right now but typically when shipped/sold by Amazon comes in right around $315. Is this a good one? Are there others in this price range people you would recommend? I know I can add cadence sensors, new pedals, etc.. in the future & will if we get to that point.

TIA.
Swarely
Where are you located? I have one kind of like that in austin you can have for free.
Gordon McKernan
Swarely, I really appreciate the generous offer but unfortunately not in Austin & have no trips planned that way.
Ragoo
AG
Gordon McKernan said:

Swarely, I really appreciate the generous offer but unfortunately not in Austin & have no trips planned that way.
how far from Austin? Swarlos is a good dude and might work with you.
AggieOO
Or maybe someone else on the board is driving between Austin and wherever and might be able to deliver? Just a thought.
Ragoo
AG
AggieOO said:

Or maybe someone else on the board is driving between Austin and wherever and might be able to deliver? Just a thought.
yeah agreed
Swarely
Where are you located? We can probably work something out.
MavsAg
AG
I'm in the market for something similar and heading to Austin in the next few weeks if the OP isn't able to make it work.
Gordon McKernan
Sorry guys, I haven't been on here as much and forgot about this thread. Swarely, I'm in Houston but my wife is now second guessing if she really wants a bike or not... She has been back in our neighborhood gym almost everyday the last week or so and wondering if she would really want/need one at home as she prefers being at the actually gym if she can.

If you are looking to get rid of it & Mavs wants it go ahead & give it to him.

Thanks again.
Swarely
Sure. Just let me know when you are headed this way.
MavsAg
AG
Thanks, Swarles. Won't accept it free though. At the minimum let me know your favorite beer, whiskey, or other vice.

I'll be in Austin the weekend of 7/24. Email me at Mavsag2011@gmail.com and we can work out the deets.

Seriously, really appreciate it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.