Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Arizona closing gyms

1,394 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ptothemo
Aust Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
for 30 days, wonder if Abbott is right behind him?
bam02
AG
I hope not. #herdimmunity
Diet Cokehead
AG
Mine just opened today. That would suck.
Post removed:
by user
wangus12
AG
Wife just started wanting to go to the F45 gyms. We went to a session on Monday and it was full. They're fun workouts, but I'm not very confident in their cleaning practices.
AggieOO
wangus12 said:

Wife just started wanting to go to the F45 gyms. We went to a session on Monday and it was full. They're fun workouts, but I'm not very confident in their cleaning practices.
its all part of the plan for herd immunity.
bam02
AG
AggieOO said:

wangus12 said:

Excellent.
wangus12
AG
AggieOO said:

wangus12 said:

Its hard to complain since she is actually wanting to go. I don't want to end up in the "have to tell my wife anyway..." thread
Post removed:
by user
JDL 96
LA Fitness (and other changes) aren't going to stay open and sue. They will shut down again and file bankruptcy if needed to reorganize. And that could mean a bunch of locations - or all - never reopen.

LAF waited 2 weeks or so to reopen. Probably because they knew if they had to shut down again, they were done and out of business. I think they stopped charging fees during the shut down. But they have to keep paying rent (including back rent). They can't afford that without collecting membership fees.
Hence, sadly, I think there's a good chance they don't reopen if they close again.

I hope they don't close again.
ptothemo
AG
Specific to Houston, I was pleased to read that Turner is asking Abbott to reduce gym capacity to 25% rather than closing them altogether. Intentionally leaving all the tinderbox aspects of this to the side, I just want gyms to stay open so that me and the same 12 to 15 people can keep working out early in the morning every day.

Article for reference: https://www.khou.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/mayor-turner-says-houston-has-small-window-to-slow-covid-19-trajectory-to-avoid-last-resort/285-c1701482-ca50-4855-8f12-64626e76906a
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.