Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Quarantine home workout programs

1,646 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ag12thman
Mmetag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone else started a home work out program to get through this? My wife and i started P90 as something we can do together to get in better shape. Any suggestions to help?
Hoosegow
I have a very good gym in my house including all my strongman stuff so I'm business as usual.

However, I did put on my 40lbs vest yesterday and mowed my lawn. I'm not going lie, it kicked my butt
Class of '94
10andBOUNCE
AG
3 days a week Insanity
2 days a week some of the AthleanX at home videos

During the work week I started the 100 pushups Per day (See other thread) but instead have added/substituted other moves like dips, BW rows, chins and pull-ups. Usually I'll do 10- 15 pushups or other moves every hour while I work.

Definitely curious what happens with my strength when the gym opens back up.
zachsccr
AG
I've been keeping my normal running routine. In addition, my wife and I have been taking the kids on 1-2 walks per day for the past few weeks. It doesn't seem like much, but even just the few 20-30 minute walks have been making a difference for us both.
O.G.
Running every other day.

Lots of pushups/flutter kicks/body weight work.

Improvised weights with an ammo can during team meetings with the mic on mute as I listen to, "just to circle back"...."I want you to put a pin in this"...."this is great for synergy"....."to piggy back what bob said".....
wcb
AG
Spending some time on the bike trainer, mixing it up w/ some P90X.
Jim01
AG
Only thing that's changed for me is I can't swim at the gym. Other than that just trainer and running outside (isolated of course). Been doing an 8 week power build program on the trainer that a triathlon coach put online for free.
Hoosegow
What about, unprecedented, there is no play book, whole new world?
Class of '94
mrsbeer05
AG
Since I'm not training for a race, I'm focusing a bit more in building my strength.
Run-MWFS
Strength-T/R
Peloton-T/R
ptothemo
AG
Every meeting must start with "In these uncertain times...."

And must end with "Stay safe out there!"

If those things don't happen, it's not even a proper meeting.
Coppell97
AG
The MARSOC short card is an amazing 30-min full body workout. I do it a few times a week. Great core burn and hits all muscle groups. I've done insanity, p90x, etc. in the past. I started this as an indoor winter workout about 3 to 4 times a week. This has brought back 6 pack abs and I'm in my 40's. Feel like I'm in best shape of my life. This plus eating decently feels like magic. Only equipment you need is pull up bar for the final exercise. It's all bodyweight exercises. And if you don't have a pull-up bar, don't worry about the pull-ups at the end. Still a great workout.

Credit to the poster "Aricle 58-10 Offender" who introduced a lot of us to this workout on the 100 push-ups thread on this board.

https://officercandidatesschool.com/2014/08/11/challenge-marsoc-short-long-cards/
O.G.
Coppell97 said:

The MARSOC short card is an amazing 30-min full body workout. I do it a few times a week. Great core burn and hits all muscle groups. I've done insanity, p90x, etc. in the past. I started this as an indoor winter workout about 3 to 4 times a week. This has brought back 6 pack abs and I'm in my 40's. Feel like I'm in best shape of my life. This plus eating decently feels like magic. Only equipment you need is pull up bar for the final exercise. It's all bodyweight exercises. And if you don't have a pull-up bar, don't worry about the pull-ups at the end. Still a great workout.

Credit to the poster "Aricle 58-10 Offender" who introduced a lot of us to this workout on the 100 push-ups thread on this board.

https://officercandidatesschool.com/2014/08/11/challenge-marsoc-short-long-cards/

I don't have access to real pull up bar...and I LOVE doing pull ups....other than that, the short card is a legit way to go.
wbt5845
AG
Camp Gladiator has a $39 six week home workout program. Let me know if you're interested - my TexAgs username AT yahoo DOT com

https://campgladiator.com/choose-to-move-challenge
OaklandAg06
AG
I am building a pull up station for my back yard this weekend for this exact reason. I really enjoy them and would like to be able to do them whenever I want.

I've been doing a lot of body weight stuff also, as well as jumping rope.
Pahdz
How have I never thought of mowing with a weighted vest on?!

According to my GPS tracking with my Garmin watch, it's a 2 mile walk
Ag12thman
AG
Coppell97 said:

Wow - this looks really awesome. Couple of quick questions, if you don't mind:

1. I know what a lot of those exercises are, but some I do not (Cherry Pickers, Hello Dollies??). I am guessing I could Google to find how to perform the ones I don't know?

2. How long does the entire routine take to complete on average?
ptothemo
AG
1 - Yes, you can find all the exercises online. Also, there are videos out there of people going through the entire card if you want to check one of those out. I was in the same boat as you when it came to not knowing what all the exercises were.

2 - The first few times I did it was around 40 minutes because I couldn't remember the order of the exercises and kept having to check my phone and because I focused on good form for new-to-me exercises. Getting past those things, it's more like 30 minutes now - without the pull ups at the end.
Ag12thman
AG
Perfect. Thanks! I was looking at taking on something like P90X for maybe a full 90 days since I can't do my weight lifting routine with the gyms closed and probably not opening for at least another 2 weeks. I have very little in the way of home equipment and most sites online look sold out. I have also tried to run daily and am just not a big runner and cannot do that everyday. I'm missing resistance training in a bad way. So, this short card looks like it would be great and at least provide a good variety of work in a single workout.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.