Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Extremely tired?

1,649 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Article 58-10 Offender
americathegreat1492
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone else been super tired lately? I've been massively tired since Sunday. No changes to diet or sleep schedule, had blood work done very recently and no issues there. Only real change is the whole SIP thing. I'm sure I'm getting less sun than before, but honestly I don't think I was outside more than 5 minutes a day total (if that) before SIP. Ideas?
SJEAg
AG
Me. Sleeping more than usual...no need to wake up at 5:30 to beat traffic. But still feel sleepy tired all the time. Think it's a mix of being around the kids more, stress (working, but company is in trouble), worse diet, and drinking more alcohol. I am still running a 60mi a week but it's a struggle.
RG20
Wife and I were just talking about this. We've both had headaches on and off too...
Absolute
AG
I think it is just general malaise, stress, hard to not have a little bit of depressed feelings with everything going on.

Sleeping more here, too. Noticed really vivid dreams (not bad just vivid and weird), tired in the afternoon (gave into a nap several times last week), sit on the back porch and just kind of stare off with no desire to surf internet, read, play video games, work out.

We did get a new puppy last week. He has been a nice diversion.
coastalAg
AG
I was experiencing the same when SIP first started so I have had to make some habit changes to keep myself in a good head space.

Healthy, well balanced diet
Very limited alcohol and caffeine
Outside in the sun whenever possible
Physical activity daily
Personal time away from technology - doing more reading and drawing rather than turning on the tv or getting lost in my phone

These have helped tremendously with energy levels and anxiety
SACR
AG

Any change to your workout schedule?

I finally had the opportunity to get a 'normal' workout in yesterday for the first time since the gyms closed, and it is amazing the difference it has made in how I feel physically and emotionally. I feel more myself and more energized. Small sample size, though.
newhowdyag2004
I'm working from home 3 days a week, office 2. I was "sleeping in" until 6am on WFH days, but found my day and workout was crap.

So now, no matter the day, I wake up no later than 4:45 to stick to my routine. I shave and get dressed (albeit not work clothes but not slum) and find I feel so much better. Gotta keep the train going and power through until we get back to a normal state.
Ulrich
Stick to a routine roughly in sync with a normal light/dark cycle, make sure you walk around for 20-30 minutes a day, don't drink late in the evenings (although iirc you don't drink), stay hydrated, eat reasonably. All things that are a lot harder to do without an enforced schedule.
Max Power
AG
Agree with previous statements, try to stick to your normal routine. Get up early if you can. If you're on screens late at night, ditch those in favor of books. Exercise, bathe/groom yourself, keep booze consumption to a minimum if any. Get outside if you can, sunlight helps. Granted these days your mind can just do a number on you regardless, and feel less rested even if you got the same amount of sleep.
aggiederelict
Any GI issues out of the blue? My wife had this last week. Not to be an alarmist but some early signs of covid-19 present with GI symptoms and noticeable fatigue.

Or maybe just try to be more active.
Article 58-10 Offender
I thought I had mono for a whole summer once. Turned out I was just really bored.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.