Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Bald guys- hair clipper questions

2,246 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by P.U.T.U
aggiepaintrain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I usually get a 1/2 blade all over, since barber shops are closed who uses their own clippers and which ones do y'all recommend buying??

thanks
Jim01
AG
I buzz my hair with my own clippers.

I have Wahl brand and it's been a champ but I would HIGHLY recommend going cordless. I have a corded one and it either gets hair around the sink too much, or if I want to do it in the shower (before the shower), I have to get an extension cord before being able to reach.
chipotle
Got the cordless Wahl back in january for 40 bucks.Probably a run on these now that folks can't get their hair done at super cuts.
OaklandAg06
AG
I have used a Oster brand professional electric clipper for several years, the kind where the blade itself is changeable. I have #1, #1 1/2, and #2 blades that I use, depending on what I am feeling like. I also have an Oster T-Blade detail clipper for trimming neck and hairline and around ears.

I have found I get a much better cut using numbered blades instead of the plastic clip on guards.
txaggie05
AG
Norelco razor straight to the dome.

Had the Wahl balding clippers before but the Norelco is so much easier.
Max Power
AG
I've had these for about 5 years, still going strong.

https://www.amazon.com/Wahl-Professional-Balding-Clipper-8110/dp/B000VVT94G/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1RPCXK7I2TPJA&dchild=1&keywords=wahl+balding+clippers+for+men&qid=1585859356&sprefix=wahl+ba%2Caps%2C191&sr=8-4
90 bull
AG
Been cutting my own hair for 10 plus years. Agreed that wahl is the best. Currently using a Panasonic one, which is ok but not as good as the wahl, and bought a cheap $18 usb chargeable one for when I travel.
94chem
Wahl 79300-400. Got on Amazon for $20. Not available now.
aggiepaintrain
AG
thanks guys us folically challenged hairlines need to support each other
Absolute
AG
Join thejo dark side and use your razor!
Farmer1906
AG
Absolute said:

Join thejo dark side and use your razor!

This
Vernada
AG
WAHL 5 star.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Max Power said:

I've had these for about 5 years, still going strong.

https://www.amazon.com/Wahl-Professional-Balding-Clipper-8110/dp/B000VVT94G/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1RPCXK7I2TPJA&dchild=1&keywords=wahl+balding+clippers+for+men&qid=1585859356&sprefix=wahl+ba%2Caps%2C191&sr=8-4

Ditto. Go be careful with this one at first as it'll take the hair and first layer of skin too.
RockOn
I've been going on about 10 years cutting my own hair with a Wahl. I might have to upgrade to the corded as I agree, being tethered to a sink can get real messy.

Also, don't let it rust.
bert harbinson
AG
Norelco beard trimmer using the adjustable comb worked for me. Not a buzz cut, but it's short and there's no hair on top so it was pretty easy.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
RockOn said:

Also, don't let it rust.

Absolutely! I treat mine with a few drops of oil weekly.
Pepper Brooks
AG
I'm in the #1 buzz crowd and typically do it every other week. Any suggestions on how to avoid ingrown hairs?
Max Power
AG
Never had issues with it on my scalp, but sometimes when i trim my neck I can get a nick every once in a while. Love how close these clippers get.

If you want to avoid ingrown hairs keep your clippers oiled and clean. Also I recommend using shampoo, don't laugh. I've tried just using soap or face wash on my head and am way more prone to breakouts/ingrown hairs. I've been using Neutrogena T-SAL shampoo, highly recommend for keeping your dome clean.
Kool
AG
One of my favorite Curb Your Enthusiasm scenes, from a time before the Offendosphere was in full force and it wasn't yet chic to be discriminated against.
Highly relevant to this thread.

You're not a part of the bald community!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Max Power said:

Never had issues with it on my scalp, but sometimes when i trim my neck I can get a nick every once in a while. Love how close these clippers get.

The first few times I used mine, it looked like I had a patchy sunburn on my scalp. Then a few days later those spots were dry patches that I had to use lotion on.
BlackLab
AG
https://www.heb.com/product-detail/wahl-stainless-steel-lithium-ion-trimmer/1647614
RightWingConspirator
AG
Easy. I shave with the Oster 76 on the 0000 setting.
RightWingConspirator
AG
Also prefer blades that are interchangeable. The Oster 76 will run you north of $110, but they are the standard by which all clippers should be judged.
aggiepaintrain
AG
I got the Norelco 7000 for $60 works like a champ
Matsui
AG
Not bald but have wahl cordless and it's great
P.U.T.U
AG
Wahl or Norelco, actually found both in Target much cheaper than online a few weeks ago. Amazon probably had a run on them and raised the prices.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.