Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Any of y'all have/use The Mirror?

1,829 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MooreTrucker
NoahAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How do you like it?
Lupac
AG
I've had one for two months now and use it all the time. I dropped my gym membership and rotate between outdoor runs and Mirror workouts. There are new classes added daily and you can choose 15, 30, 45, or 60 minute classes. I haven't tried a live session since the on demand option lets you pick and choose what you want to do when you want to do it. The timing of this purchase was perfect with everything going on today. I like it and would recommend it.
Hoosegow
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay and how much is the subscription a month?
Class of '94
NoahAg
The price I saw the other day was about $1,500 and a $39/month membership (1year contract). They were having a sale but I'm not sure if it's still going on.

There was some funny wording on the website to the effect of "...if you cancel at the end of the year you will have a nice, elegant mirror..."
Lupac
AG
I bought on Cyber Monday and paid $1600. This included the starter pack (heart rate monitor and resistance bands) and delivery and installation. The membership is $39 a month. They were running a special when I bought mine that included 6 months of free membership.
The Pilot
AG
What's the allure? Being able to see the workouts on a bigger screen?

IMO, I'd just spend a few more hundred and get the peloton, pretty much the same monthly cost and at least you then have the bike. You can also access other workouts that aren't bike-centric.
AggieOO
or if you don't care about the bike, just pay $39 and install the app on a smart tv.

i don't get it either, but doesn't mean i'm not missing something since i've never used a mirror.
one MEEN Ag
AG
I guess the appeal is that when you do workouts on the tv you can't do any form checks.

Large price to pay for that feature though.
Lupac
AG
I didn't know much about it and bought as a Christmas Gift for my wife knowing I'd use it as well. We both enjoy running and didn't use our gym membership much at all. Even with the monthly fee it will pay for itself quickly over a gym membership. If someone enjoys the machines in a gym then this is not for them. Most workouts only require fitness bands, weights, or kettlebells.

The thing I like the most is being able to see your form compared to the instructor's form.

You can also do one on one personal training if you want. I think it is $40 for session and you can just remove the cover over your lens so that the instructor can see you.

I guess monitoring your heart rate through their device or an Apple Watch is another benefit.

My wife also uses it for Yoga so that saves some money over going to Yoga studios.

MooreTrucker
AG
Lupac said:

I bought on Cyber Monday and paid $1600. This included the starter pack (heart rate monitor and resistance bands) and delivery and installation. The membership is $39 a month. They were running a special when I bought mine that included 6 months of free membership.
We just got our with this same deal, although we got free delivery and installation rather than the free membership.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.