Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

My Home Gym

20,041 Views | 192 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Disco Stu
CoolaidWade
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pahdz said:

Sidebar discussion:

How many people figure out they LOVE their home gym and cancel memberships? Could gym chains take an additional hit (other than already being closed) by people not coming back after this is all over?
I think that really depends on how hot it gets..... My garage is just too hot in the summer. Of course, if you were thinking of creating a environment in your gym good enough that you don't need to pay for any gym membership again then you would have to think HVAC system for the garage.

I wonder if those cheap window AC units at Best Buy would cool my garage down.

I would also need ALOT more equipment. A power rack, crapton more weights, treadmill, C2 rower.

But I definitely am going to consider at least trying to not pay for any gym for maybe 8 months out of the year.

ttha_aggie_09
AG
Finally got everything installed and got a decent workout in this afternoon.

I was able to pick up 4-45s in addition to 6-25s. The horse mats are great and I can't wait to use the land mine attachment. Beats the hell out of using dumbbells for my entire workout.

Thanks again for the advice, recommendations and guidance on this thread! Hopefully my setup will continue to expand...
culdeus
AG
I figure I'm at most $200 from having no real reason to ever go back.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Question for you garage gyms guys, and go easy, I'm all for sweating my ass off...

However, do you have recommendations for a couple of wall mounted fans for garage gyms? Should I just suck it up and buy a big fan?
03_Aggie
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Question for you garage gyms guys, and go easy, I'm all for sweating my ass off...

However, do you have recommendations for a couple of wall mounted fans for garage gyms? Should I just suck it up and buy a big fan?

We have a 30" shop fan from HD. Can probably find a cheaper version from somewhere like Harbor Freight.

BB675
AG
Looking for a quality weight bench. Does anyone know of any companies with one in stock?
Post removed:
by user
RGRAg1/75
AG
Rogue flat bench in CS. $100 obo.

SACR
AG

I see the same bench listed online for $24-$50.

Are you price gouging fellow Aggies?
RGRAg1/75
AG
SACR said:

Really? I bought new and had it delivered from rogue for $250. $100 seems fair.

I haven't done any online research. If someone thinks $100 is unreasonable, that's what the OBO is there for. And if someone can get a rogue bench for $24, they should jump on that.
RGRAg1/75
AG
You're FOS. I just did some google searching and can't find any rogue benches in that price range. If you're going to challenge my character, at least have the decency to post links.
hbc07
AG
SACR said:

Link? I'd jump on a rogue bench without hesitation at that price.
culdeus
AG
So I mentioned I got a AC unit. Well one little adaptor piece broke on me when I was getting it setup. My bad.

Contacted the vendor and said can I buy another one. They said don't worry. Did they send me another piece? Nope. Sent an entire second unit and said keep it.

I got it up on Craigslist minus the piece I need for 25% off. I mean if you had a Dremel tool and a Tupperware container you can make one in 30s. Lol.
CoolaidWade
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

You're FOS. I just did some google searching and can't find any rogue benches in that price range. If you're going to challenge my character, at least have the decency to post links.
You can't get a rouge bench for $25. Actually from what I'm seeing on the marketplaces that is priced about right for a rouge bench.

Personally, I don't question the quality of Rogue products but I don't need to spend that much for a bench, especially one that doesn't incline. I'm happy waiting until the Academy benches are back in stock. But I'm sure if you are patient you could get someone who would pay $100 for that.
SACR
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

I didn't search for Rogue name brand, I just did a search for flat weight benches, and prices ranged up to $50. I was looking at buying a flat bench last week, and that was the price range I saw, the only problem was delivery isn't until April 24. Knowing those prices, your $100 price tag raised eyebrows.

Here is one at Walmart for $40

Given the lower prices and lag in shipping, I wondered if you were trying to take advantage of increased demand right now to make some money, hence my question.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Are you in b/CS and looking for a bench? Make me an offer. I probably won't say no to an Ag tag....
RGRAg1/75
AG
Rogue is not Walmart brand. If you want to make backhanded comments, at least do your research.
SACR
AG

You're way too sensitive about a weight bench.

Good luck getting your $100
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
$100 is a very fair price for a rogue bench... He isn't being defensive because he thinks you insulted his bench, but you made a claim publicly against his integrity...

Did you honestly not know the difference between a Walmart brand bench and the one he posted???
bam02
AG
SACR I assumed you would eat crow and apologize after noting the difference in brand. I would have, but hopefully I wouldn't have stuck my foot in my mouth in the first place.
CoolaidWade
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

Rogue is not Walmart brand. If you want to make backhanded comments, at least do your research.
I didn't make a backhand comment. I literally said your bench was priced right and didn't question the quality of rogue benches.

Did you mean to have replied to another person on this thread?
RGRAg1/75
AG
Yep. My bad, Coolaid. Only person I've got an issue with is sacr...
Potcake
AG
COMPLETE: Derail
cjo03
AG
bunch a little benches on this thread.

...I'll be here all day folks.
SACR
AG
cjo03 said:

bunch a little benches on this thread.

...I'll be here all day folks.
I'll have you know my bench is magnificent and fierce and huge and.....gone.

Hoosegow
Take this crap to 16.
Class of '94
lawless89
SACR said:

RGRAg1/75 said:

SACR said:

You're way too sensitive about a weight bench.

Good luck getting your $100

No, you're a dick and are now trying to walk it back with the "way too sensitive over a bench" bs. Idgaf about the bench, but when a fellow Ag comes on a public forum and challenges my character, damn right I'm going to stand my ground. **** you and the horse you rode in on.
I freely admit I can be an ******* at times, but you've completely lost your sh it here.

I originally saw your post and wondered why the high price, hence why I asked a question. If I had said, "Price gouging is bad bull", then your response would be warranted. I asked a question for clarification.

Your first reply gave that clarification, i.e. this is a bench I paid a premium for, I think this is a fair price, etc. Okay.

Then you come back and tell me I'm FOS, claiming you can't find any price like what I said in my OP.

I reply and explain my original reply and posted one example of a price I found.

You then double-down and claim I'm 'challenging your character', and try to get all "I am very badass on the internet" on me. Yeah, I'm going to laugh and call you out for that. You're wound way too tight, and losing your sh it over a potential bench sale on an internet forum.

You don't know me, I don't know you from Adam. So why the hell did my question trigger you so badly? And yes, when you fly off the handle like a millennial discussing climate change, you're triggered.

Dude...just take the loss and bow out. When you have to sum up the whole conversation and explain why you said what you said, then you're trying too hard. Just shut up and move on!
aggiespartan
AG
Well, more thread related, the second box of my power rack just got delivered. I can do some pull-ups until our bar gets here I guess.
ptothemo
AG
aggiespartan said:

Well, more thread related, the second box of my power rack just got delivered. I can do some pull-ups until our bar gets here I guess.
CoolaidWade
AG
LOL, Never thought I would have a home gym but this is what we have right now after having absolutely nothing two weeks ago...... we have spent about $350 for all this stuff minus the rack I just ordered.

6" and 5" standard 1 inch bar both used
standard plates: all used
50lb x2
25lb x6
10lb x8
5klb x16
2.5 x4

4 sets of spinlock dumbell handles
54lb kettlebell
30x24x20 used box (crossfit style)
20 lb medicine ball
set of rings to hang from our new rack we ordered
a pullup/dip rack (will sell after we get our rack since can do all this with that

And just ordered a power rack and bench which will be here in a few weeks. plus some mats from walmart.

RGRAg1/75
AG
aggiespartan said:

Where are you located? I've got a spare bar I can loan you. I only use it when I'm doing a CrossFit workout that requires more than one bar.
hbc07
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

aggiespartan said:

Where are you located? I've got a spare bar I can loan you. I only use it when I'm doing a CrossFit workout that requires more than one bar.
We're DFW. Otherwise I'd have made an offer on your bench.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Gotcha. GLW search.
Ag92NGranbury
AG
Are there any home gym architects in the dfw area?

I have a room that I plan on building out for a workout room... 21' x 18'

I have a few ideas... but need some others
hurricanejake02
AG
This is the gym I put together a few years back - largely from Craigslist, with some smaller pieces direct from Rogue and Bolt Fitness (the plates). I built it with Stronglifts 5x5 in mind, so I'm missing some things that others might really like in their gym (dumbells, for example).

I've since added an older Concept II rower that I still need to get in a habit of using. It could use a new computer, but you don't actually need one to utilize it.

Here it is in use a few days ago - a decent fan from Northern Tool is all I've got to keep it cooled off. It's hot as hell in July/August, but I insulated the walls and garage doors before I built the gym, so it's not as bad as it could be... I do have another fan on the other side of the garage I can pull over when it really gets up there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.