Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

My Home Gym

20,039 Views | 192 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Disco Stu
aggiespartan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hoosegow said:

Texas Strength Systems
They are out of most things too.
Hoosegow
Damn
Class of '94
javajaws
AG
Rep fitness, titan, fringe sport, iron company, christian fitness factory, Rogue
aggiespartan
AG
javajaws said:

Rep fitness, titan, fringe sport, iron company, christian fitness factory, Rogue
I'll check iron company and christian fitness factory. The others are all sold out of most things.
Aggie9403
AG
Has the Rep Fitness bench come in? I've been looking at that one.
ptothemo
AG
I don't know about the others, but Rogue got overrun when the gyms closed nationally. I ordered a bike from them and called to check on it after a couple days. The guy told me that they were basically working around the clock.
bam02
AG
The owners of the CrossFit box where my wife coaches have been kind enough to let us borrow a Concept 2 rower until they open back up. I just found out I have a torn meniscus so I was worried about what all I could do for exercises. Hopefully the rowing will be easy on my knee.

And depending on my employment/financial situation is when this mess settles down I am going to try to pick up a power rack and other equipment that people may be unloading by then.
aggiespartan
AG
ptothemo said:

I don't know about the others, but Rogue got overrun when the gyms closed nationally. I ordered a bike from them and called to check on it after a couple days. The guy told me that they were basically working around the clock.
Pretty sure that's been the same with all of them. I've been watching everything slowly go out of stock. Their production just can't keep up. Plus, I know at least rogue said they were switching some of their manufacturing over to help with medical needs.
Pahdz
Just buy it from them, I love the Concept2 I bought from one of my customers. He wanted a model D so he so he sold me his model E that was basically brand new for just $700
aggiespartan
AG
Just ordered a Titan T3 squat stand. Now, we just need everything else.
javajaws
AG
aggiespartan said:

Any smaller, but great brands out there for lifting equipment? Starting to put together a list now but everything is out of stock with the big guys. Looking for plates and some more rack options.
Were you wanting bumper plates? Or just iron? Fringe sport still has their black with colored lettering bumper plates in stock. Both the Fringe sport and Vulcan Alpha (out of stock) bumpers are highly rated.

Did you have a budget and style in mind for the rack? There are higher end options out there that are probably available like EliteFTS (used to own one of these) and Sorinex...but those usually take a while to ship (and or build). The lower end made in China stuff you're probably SOL for awhile - they were already behind the supply curve with China before the corona buying even kicked in.

Edit: oh, saw you got a T3!

You need a bar too?
javajaws
AG
Aggie9403 said:

Has the Rep Fitness bench come in? I've been looking at that one.
Yes! Great bench, I have no problems with it so far. 10 bolts to assemble. It's a heavy SOB, but has a strong handle and 2 wheels. The pad is nice and grippy and matches my REP FB-5000 bench (which if you just need a flat bench...I HIGHLY recommend - I got the wide pad).

I bought the leg attachment for it also - nice for sit ups and decline work.
aggiespartan
AG
javajaws said:

aggiespartan said:

Any smaller, but great brands out there for lifting equipment? Starting to put together a list now but everything is out of stock with the big guys. Looking for plates and some more rack options.
Were you wanting bumper plates? Or just iron? Fringe sport still has their black with colored lettering bumper plates in stock. Both the Fringe sport and Vulcan Alpha (out of stock) bumpers are highly rated.

Did you have a budget and style in mind for the rack? There are higher end options out there that are probably available like EliteFTS (used to own one of these) and Sorinex...but those usually take a while to ship (and or build). The lower end made in China stuff you're probably SOL for awhile - they were already behind the supply curve with China before the corona buying even kicked in.

Edit: oh, saw you got a T3!

You need a bar too?
We are probably going to get a set of 45 and a set of 25 bumper plates then the rest iron for now. Having to piecemeal stuff together and finding what's in stock is annoying. This morning we ordered a Texas Power Bar All American Bar. My gym has the Texas Power Bar and the knurl on it is a little too aggressive for me. The All American is supposed to have a medium knurl so I'm pretty excited about it. I was looking at the Bomba bar but it was out of stock this morning. We are looking at benches and plates today. York has some really affordable plate options right now, but they are shut down. I saw that they are trying to get an exemption to open back up, but I'm not sure how long that will take. I'm happy with the rack and bar we've found so far though.
aggiespartan
AG
I'm also looking for some loadable dumbbells but those seem to be all out of stock too.
javajaws
AG
Spent a little time fixing up the garage today and decided to share some pics. This is the epitome of "shared space". The workout gear occupies roughly 13' x 9'

First up: Ironmaster change station, curl station, and chop saw station

Adj bench, trap bar, kettlebells + other misc workout gear, and the most important thing in the garage: stereo and subwoofer:

Rack and knife making station (complete with oven):

DIY plyometric bench, welding table, and the all important recovery rocking chair (and a few bags of leaves from yesterday):

Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Impressive air compressor
ptothemo
AG
aggiespartan said:

I'm also looking for some loadable dumbbells but those seem to be all out of stock too.
Yeah, I looked for the same the other day, and all that I could find was a set on Amazon going for $550 or something like that. And, it was one of those listings that was unclear as to what you are actually getting and looked rather shady.
aggiespartan
AG
Just ordered our mats from tractor supply. Trying to piece together some weights and a bench are probably next.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I wish I had a home gym prior to this... everywhere is cleaned out of inventory in the Houston area. I found one place that has stock but is not open until Friday.
AggieGunslinger
AG
My brother upgraded his home gym equipment and made a. Killing selling his old stuff on Facebook.
aggiespartan
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

I wish I had a home gym prior to this... everywhere is cleaned out of inventory in the Houston area. I found one place that has stock but is not open until Friday.
They cancelled the rack we ordered because they apparently had an issue with their website inventory and oversold. I guess it doesn't make too much of a difference though, since everything else is going to take forever to ship.
Ag92NGranbury
AG
any home gym designers out there in the dfw area?
mrmill3218
AG
I ordered a barbell from Rogue a week and a half ago. They said it would take 10-14 days to get here. I emailed them after a week for a status update and they said it would be here in 10-14 days. It will be 14 days on Thursday and something tells me it ain't comin.
aggiespartan
AG
mrmill3218 said:

I ordered a barbell from Rogue a week and a half ago. They said it would take 10-14 days to get here. I emailed them after a week for a status update and they said it would be here in 10-14 days. It will be 14 days on Thursday and something tells me it ain't comin.

The timeline on their website keeps getting longer. I'm hopeful that our Texas power bar gets here quickly. It seems like they are still in full operation.
AggieDruggist89
AG
aggiespartan said:

Just ordered our mats from tractor supply. Trying to piece together some weights and a bench are probably next.

Those Mats are heavy. Almost 100 pounds for 4'x6' piece. For the price $36 at 30 cents per pound, cheaper than weights.

Pick it up and move it around and you will get a great workout.
AggieOO
not sure if this is happening anywhere else, but there is a company in austin that helps rent out gym equipment

https://www.kxan.com/news/coronavirus/rental-platform-wants-austinites-to-rent-gyms-equipment-during-pandemic/
aggiespartan
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

aggiespartan said:

Those Mats are heavy. Almost 100 pounds for 4'x6' piece. For the price $36 at 30 cents per pound, cheaper than weights.

Pick it up and move it around and you will get a great workout.
When I left the guy said "I hope you have help getting these out."
AggieDruggist89
AG
I bought 8. First 4 for the workout area, I had to move it by myself down a narrow stairway to the basement. Had to roll it up and grapple it and carry it down. Well it took the life out of me.

The next 4, my son and I carried it together through backyard and we still struggled.

So.. I'd be impressed if you do it all by yourself. Just unloading and sliding it into the garage isn't too bad. Picking it up to bring it in the house by yourself will be tough.
aggiespartan
AG
Since our squat stand order got canceled, I sent a message to Fringe to find out when they were expecting things back in stock. They said June. I asked Titan and they said end of April. No idea on Rogue. My order with Rogue has been processed, but it hasn't been picked yet.
Potcake
AG
I got two if them in my Jeep. It was much harder getting them out of the Jeep and into gym.
aggiespartan
AG
aggiespartan said:

Since our squat stand order got canceled, I sent a message to Fringe to find out when they were expecting things back in stock. They said June. I asked Titan and they said end of April. No idea on Rogue. My order with Rogue has been processed, but it hasn't been picked yet.
Rogue order shipped. Supposed to be here April 2.
RGRAg1/75
AG

Been acquiring pieces for 3ish years.
javajaws
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

Been acquiring pieces for 3ish years.

Is that like a "quarter rack"? I like it! Just throw some spotter arms on there and good to go.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Bolts to the floor and has a quick release so you can fold it up. I found that to be too cumbersome, so it just stays down.

I rarely bench to failure, but have some arms that 90 if I need them. No safety arms for squat. I only use bumpers and just bail out the front if I squat to failure, which is rare as well.
Broncos
The gyms will be open again by the time any of my back ordered stuff comes in.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.