Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

My Home Gym

20,203 Views | 192 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Disco Stu
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pain cave update:

PC #1 is my closet
PC#2 is recently added hamster wheel and oly bar in the garage

AgCMT
AG
Just finished mine out after a couple of years acquiring...

aggiespartan
AG
Just ordered the Spud pulley system from Rogue and it should be here tomorrow. Hopefully it will work as easily as it looks. Also ordered a landmine attachment, but it won't be here for a while.
Sports-Ag
AG
Just out of curiosity, why did you bolt the squat rack to a 2x4 through the wall instead of bolting the squat rack directly to the wall?

I'm looking at getting a PRX squat rack.
AgCMT
AG
Father-in-law is an engineer. That's the short answer. I love the rack by the way, but have found that after a couple of years I don't even put it up on the wall. I may in the future.

Feel free to PM me with any questions. I have a lot of experience with PRX. They have been great.
Sports-Ag
AG
Thanks for the feedback. I don't have PM but can ask here.

What did you do first, measure garage?

What do you think of the kipping bar? Did you find you had more room with it?

Are the mats horse mats?

What do you think of the rubber bumper plates you have?

Thanks in advance.
Ragoo
AG
Sports-Ag said:

Just out of curiosity, why did you bolt the squat rack to a 2x4 through the wall instead of bolting the squat rack directly to the wall?

I'm looking at getting a PRX squat rack.
load distribution across a larger surface area.
AgCMT
AG
Sports-Ag said:

Thanks for the feedback. I don't have PM but can ask here.

What did you do first, measure garage?

What do you think of the kipping bar? Did you find you had more room with it?

Are the mats horse mats?

What do you think of the rubber bumper plates you have?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, you have to measure the height. You will need 9' ceilings.

I love the kipping bar, but they didn't have the multi grip bar when I purchased. I can't see it being worth the extra 100 bucks, but that's a personal choice. I just use mine for pull-ups and it works well.

Yes. Those are stall mats from Tractor Supply. They are $42 bucks each and are 4'x6'x3/4" I have 8 and they take up half my garage. Perfect for my needs.

I would have prefered to get steel plates but that was all that they had. They have been great though. My 17 year old tends to drop the weights on every clean & jerk so it's worked out.

Ragoo is right - load distribution for the rack. It's solid. There's a YouTube video of a guy that drops a 500lbs loaded bar off of the J-hooks onto the Spotter Arms and it holds up well even without using the 2"x6" boards.. It's easy to find.

I have purchased the landmine that attaches to the rack. It's been pretty nice. I bought the rack about 2-3 years ago. I added everything else over the past year. I purchased the Profile over the Pro and it's been perfect. I would probably buy a power rack if I had it to do over since I don't ever lift the rack up any longer. However, It's there and I can lift it up if I need the room.

Sports-Ag
AG
I didn't even see the landmine until you mentioned it. Any tips or things you wish you knew before you got the squat rack?
AgCMT
AG
Honestly, if you have the room for a full power rack, I would go that route. If you need to raise it up for room in the garage this is a great choice. That's about the only thing that I realized after really not needing to lift it up everytime.
hph6203
AG
9' ceilings are apparently no longer an absolute requirement for the wall mount racks. That is the suggested minimum height, but you can mount the lever arms lower on the wall (essentially having the lowered level as a partially raised rack relative to a rack mounted for 9'+ ceilings). The trade off is clearance from the wall.

I've been looking at the PRX racks for awhile. My ceilings are exactly 9' in my garage, which would mean no platform underneath, if it fit at all. .75" closer to the wall gets you 5" additional vertical clearance.

Pic is an extreme example of it, where it allows for sub 8' ceilings, but your wall clearance drops from 21.75" to 16", which seems like too little space.

Ag92NGranbury
AG
Recently finished our home gym... a couple more things needed, but it turned out better than expected.

AgCMT
AG
Nice setup!
ptothemo
AG
With a view even, really nice!
Hehateme1
Can you tell me about your bench ? I'm thinking of getting one with casters and that looks pretty sturdy.

Edit - directed to Ag92 in Granbury
Ag92NGranbury
AG
FNMikey said:

Can you tell me about your bench ? I'm thinking of getting one with casters and that looks pretty sturdy.

Edit - directed to Ag92 in Granbury
https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-ab-2-adjustable-bench
Hehateme1
Thank you !
NoahAg
Beautiful. By chance, are you looking to adopt a 41 year old, his wife, and 2 kids?
Disco Stu
AG
If anyone is looking, I just got a notice from Rogue that their bumpers are back in stock after months of being out. They filled and shipped my order within a couple of hours of ordering.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.