Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

724 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bushytailed
monarch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
30 mins Yoga in the AM
ptothemo
AG
Easy 90 minute run this morning
94chem
Completed a marathon this morning, sort of. I ran 6.55 miles each of the past 4 days. I was trying to maintain a half marathon pace each day. It was interesting because on day 3 the weather was 70 and humid. This morning it was 50 with light rain. 2.5 minutes faster this morning because of the cooler weather. Total for the 4 days was 3:48. No soreness or any adverse effects; I just wanted to see what it felt like. I may mix in some different combinations, like 2 quarters/day off/half, half/quarter/quarter, etc. I don't know if this is a valid form of training or not. If I ever do a marathon, I want to do it once, finish under 4 hours, and never do another one.
wcb
AG
8 miles with negative splits.

Paces are faster on a lower HR than a month ago. Making gains.
Robert C. Christian
AG
3 mles, 20 minutes yoga.
Smudge
AG
94chem said:

Completed a marathon this morning, sort of. I ran 6.55 miles each of the past 4 days. I was trying to maintain a half marathon pace each day. It was interesting because on day 3 the weather was 70 and humid. This morning it was 50 with light rain. 2.5 minutes faster this morning because of the cooler weather. Total for the 4 days was 3:48. No soreness or any adverse effects; I just wanted to see what it felt like. I may mix in some different combinations, like 2 quarters/day off/half, half/quarter/quarter, etc. I don't know if this is a valid form of training or not. If I ever do a marathon, I want to do it once, finish under 4 hours, and never do another one.
Lol! 'Never do another one!' I said that when training for my first half marathon. 20 years later and I've run too many halves to count, a handful of road marathons, eight trail 100 milers, a few trail 100k's, and about 20 50m/50k's with a couple of trail marathons thrown in. But good luck with the one and done

And by the way, that's actually great training, especially if you stay consistent with it. Just pull the trigger and register for one! You can learn from it and dial in the next one better...
Class of '00
Gig 'em!
htxag09
AG
5,000 yd swim
monarch
S
3.00 miles in the PM
bert harbinson
AG
4 miles, treadmill.
wcb
AG
htxag09 said:

5,000 yd swim
Curious - how long it take you to do that? I got 3250 tonight and thought I was doing pretty good. Nice work buddy.
htxag09
AG
1:25ish. My long swims have been around a 1:37/100yd pace

I get so freaking bored swimming that long lol
Sooner Born
9 miles after an evening flight. Glad I got it in today.
bushytailed
AG
5 miles in the mist
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.