Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

ATHLEAN-X - Has anyone tried any of their programs?

1,433 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by OverSeas AG
Legalize-It-Ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm thinking about trying out the AX-1 program. Jeff has a lot of great fitness tips for free on his YouTube channel and I'm considering taking the plunge and trying his main workout program. I really wanna see the nutrition plan and how he finds alternative exercises to shoulder impingement (self-diagnosed frayed/weakened labrum).

If any of y'all have tried it, what are your thoughts?
Hoosegow
Everything works

Nothing works forever

The important thing is not to stop but it is to keep going.
Class of '94
Legalize-It-Ags
AG
I'm not asking if it works... I know it works.. I'm asking about their experience with it lol. Did they find the nutrition plans easy to follow, we're the workouts presented in a way that makes sense, was there additional support for training, etc.
culdeus
AG
If you go on Reddit they say the workout programs are basically standard stuff with some athletic bodyweight stuff and more focus on tempo lifting than you would expect. Not sure how often he changes
theeyetest
Almost pulled the trigger and bought one of his programs. He seems like one of the very few that's not full of BS and actually tries to help others by telling the truth.
davido
AG
I've used his YT back videos for getting mine back in shape when I've had issues come up. Amazing stuff. Worked miracles for me.
Gordon McKernan
My thoughts are that 95% of people would benefit from simply doing the following:

Eat less overall & more quality foods and move more.... and be consistent!

None of these programs have any crazy secrets you can't get for free or research yourself. Probably 3/4s or more of anyone selling a program is also on anabolics so don't expect to look like them. The athleneX guy I don't think is, but he is one of the exceptions and a genetic freak who trains/eats consistently & has for a long time.

With that being said, most people need/want structure and want to be told what to do as to not second guess themselves. Also, a small investment can be a huge motivator for a lot of people. So if spending some money on a program will increase your chances of actually sticking with a consistent routine then go for it. Just remember that the diet portion is far more important in most cases to hit your goals than the workout portion. Can't out train a bad diet.

Let us know how it goes.
stamper
AG
I did ax-1 and ax-2 several years ago and really liked it. I've lifted on and off most of my life and i got really good results. I still use some of the exercises in my workouts now. My girlfriend is doing their program geared towards women now and is getting good results.

It's definitely geared towards building strength and getting lean and not building mass. It can be done at home pretty easily.

I didn't follow the diet but i did look at it and i think its solid.
10andBOUNCE
AG
I've also thought about doing one of his programs. I almost want to because I've watched so many of his free videos that I feel like I owe him, ha ha. I probably will at some point but have some goals I'm trying to get to. I think he's the best in the business.
bmks270
AG
Find the program that you are most likely to do consistently. Don't pick one that does things you don't like, or requires a time investment that will be hard on your schedule.

The biggest factor in seeing results is being consistent.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.