Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Austin Marathon - who's in?

1,719 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Aggie09Derek
raidernarizona
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know Swarely's running. Anybody else be out there Sunday?

I'm slightly less than thrilled with the forecasted temps. Was hoping for low 40's at the start but we should have cloud cover so that's a blessing. Good luck to everyone!
Swarely
It's gonna suck! Can't wait.
wangus12
AG
Gonna be warm. In for the suck.
johnson2012
AG
I'm doing the half. This'll be my first race half so should be a good time. I've never run the hill at Enfield/Lamar W to E, so it'll be fun to try it the other direction as that's usually the "big one" at some of the smaller races downtown.
Potcake
AG
Marathon route used to pass end of my street but they changed it a few years back.
Swarely
Just checked the weather? A high of 78?! I may die.

Rename the board after me if I do.
raidernarizona
We're good Swarely! 66F at 11 and 70F at noon. That's our window! Dear Lord please make it CLOUDY!!!
wangus12
AG
Good luck to everyone running today. Make sure you start hydrating early on. Don't wait.
Swarely
Start has already been delayed 32 min. This is bs.
htxag09
AG
Why was the start delayed?

Good luck to all!
AgCanuck07
AG
Good luck all!
ptothemo
AG
Even with the delayed start, I'm still late but y'all have a good race!
91_Aggie
AG
Just walking in this weather this morning has me sweating. Good luck to those running.
Swarely
Leg really started hurting so I just did the half. It's warm out here! No idea the cause of the delay.
wangus12
AG
I've never stopped to **** so much in a race. Then made the incredibly dumb decision to try and recover time. Snuck under 4 hours, but mad at myself for blowing my plan
johnson2012
AG
My wife was hanging out by the start line and heard them say barrier issues on Enfield and suspicious articles along the course somewhere that caused the delay. Apparently brought out the dogs to sniff and everything.

The humidity was up there today. I hung with the 3:50 pacers until about mile twelve and started loosing steam. Still managed the half just over 1:56 so I'm pleased.

Good job to everyone else. That's a tough course and the weather wasn't helping either.
raidernarizona
I heard "suspicious package" also.

Came in at 3:55:20. My first marathon and it took me 38 years to work up the nerve. Had fun out there! Definitely won't be my last. A big thank you to all of you who helped me prepare and answered all my newbie questions along the way.
ptothemo
AG
I've been waiting all afternoon to hear how it went for you. Very well done and congrats!
raidernarizona
Thank you so much ptothemo! You helped a ton and I appreciate it! Owe ya a few beers!

The wall never really came like it did a few weeks back. Stopped along South 1st to pee once but never stopped again. Think that was the ticket for me.
wangus12
AG
Out of curiosity, does anyone know somebody who works with the TAMU cadet marathon team? One of the guys was collapsed at around 22 and was on a stretcher. Looked bad
Aggie09Derek
AG
An Aggie won it for the women (Sarah Jackson)

https://www.kvue.com/article/sports/austin-marathon-results-2020/269-04dd4a0d-0524-4a3d-a877-25bba3ee1b33

If my memory serves me correct was class of 2011
AggieOO
Kyle Allen took second. Glad to see he's staying in shape in the off season.
johnson2012
AG
21 overall is an Ag as well, Wesley Wheeler '13
Aggie09Derek
AG
https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/get-to-know-the-winners-of-the-2020-austin-marathon/

Great interview and wore her Aggie ring during the race
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.