Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Mental health venting thread

30,189 Views | 181 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pepper Brooks
G. hirsutum Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

My reoccurring symptoms have been exhaustion, hair loss, inability to lose weight, night sweats, irritable and not interested in doing anything. I've always wondered if there is an autoimmune issue that I'm not aware of.

Go talk to your doctor and get some blood work done. Many of those can check the box of thyroid issues
jczar03
AG
I started another thread earlier this year on anxiety and depression. Others have posted some really good information there. My 29-year old daughter has been struggling for 3 years with her mental health. Genetics testing showed she has been on the wrong antidepressants for the past 3 years, so that's something I highly recommend. We have also found out that talk therapy does not work for everyone. We are in the process of evaluating various brain stimulation therapies now as we just have not been able to find anything traditional that works for her yet. We will eventually figure this out!
Max Power
AG
Lily09 said:

Thank you for reading my post. I think I addressed all the questions below.

My kids are young. They are the absolute reason I continue to fight to get through each day. But man they sent me into a spiral sometimes. We have a preschool that they go to during the week. I feel bad because they even go on my days off but I need a break. I work in a hospital and I get so worn out taking care of others that I'm exhausted just being with my own kids for a short time. My job is stressful, but covid made it even worse. Manager changes also haven't helped.

I'd say my marriage is strong but it's hard to talk to my husband about my issues because he is already dealing with his own. He knows everything but I can't bring it up on a daily basis.

I've tried turning toward religion. But even there I feel like I'm failing. This is a whole other issue that I'm not going to go into.

My reoccurring symptoms have been exhaustion, hair loss, inability to lose weight, night sweats, irritable and not interested in doing anything. I've always wondered if there is an autoimmune issue that I'm not aware of.

I've tried counseling. My most recent experience was a nightmare and completely turned me off from it.

I don't have any friends to turn to. My only so called "friends" are my coworkers and I see them enough on my work days. I've always felt like wasted space when I'm around people. Why am I even there.

Very interesting about psilocybin. I looked up other articles about it. Thank you for sharing that info.
Your situation and mine share a lot of similarities, home, work, social life (or lack thereof) included. I tried short term counseling and it wasn't right either.

Forgive me if you've said if you're on anything and I don't recall, but are you?

I've been on Bupropion for years and it's helped me stay out of the bottom of the pit. It doesn't have the pitfalls of a lot of other antidepressants. It doesn't result in weight gain, lethargy, or sexual problems like some of the others. My doctor put me on 300 mg and it was a weird few days but it started doing things fast. A lot of them take weeks to start doing anything. It's worth a try if you are up to it, I fought using meds for years because I had a fear of taking anything that impacted my brain chemistry, but it has helped me.

My doctor went through the depression questionnaire and knew immediately it was serious and put me on the heaviest dose of it. I made sure to make clear I didn't want something that made me check out because I have a family. His reasoning was that it's easier to start at the top and work your way down than the reverse.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
I am so sorry y'all have had such a hard time with it but sounds like y'all are starting to get some answers. This fight can be slow and exhausting but if you stick with it chances eventually you will whip it. Lots of prayers for yall
Lily09
AG
I'm glad you've found something that's helping. I've heard positive things about Wellbutrin. I haven't tried that one yet.

I just recently made the decision to stop my medication. I was on Zoloft for about 2 years while pregnant and breast feeding. I noticed that I was starting to spiral again even though I was still on it. My pcp changed me to Prozac. I was on it for a few months. Dose was upped at one point but then I hit the lowest of low in May. I couldn't function. I was done existing. I made the personal decision to stop Prozac. I blamed it for how I felt. Decreased my dose for a few days and then done. I've been without meds for about 2 months now. I'm not in that low spot any more but I feel like I'm just barely keeping my head above water and I don't know where to go from here. :/
Adverse Event
Did you ever try hitting up administrative errors in telegram?

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3219614/1#discussion

Edit
Also: DMT seems interesting.

https://www-freethink-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.freethink.com/health/dmt-depression?amp=1
Pepper Brooks
AG
Ketamine is being used in clinical settings to treat depression as well.
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.