Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Texags Runners- Feedback Wanted

2,474 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggiederelict
aggiederelict
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Runners of Texags,

I really enjoy working with runners as they are some of the most frustrating and enjoyable group of athletes to work with.

Since I field a lot of questions about those struggling with injuries either here locally in Austin or around the state or even other states, I have thought about providing a good resource to the runners on this page.

Would anyone be interested in having their running form analyzed to help either problem solve their current injury status or just learn some simple techniques to modify their running form to try to help reduce injuries?

This would include a detailed review of your running history, injury profile, training goals, assessment of form in slow motion, slight changes to running form, and a detailed exercise program to build strength to address specific things seen in the run analysis.

This can very easily be done remotely for those who have smart phones with good slow motion options. I have done this for several people here in the past.

This would be a beta test for me as I would like to develop a more detailed product that could be provided to almost anyone around the country.

The run analysis would be provided at a very reasonable cost compared to what you would pay normally for an in-person analysis.

Let me know your thoughts.
htxag09
AG
Interested if you promise to make me faster!
aggiederelict
No promises with speed. But I can help you be more efficient and less injured.
ptothemo
AG
It's uncanny that you posted this, because I was just thinking about it the other day. Even to the point of seeing when we could work out a time for me to drive over to see you. If there's a remote option, then even better. Let me know where best to contact you to get the process rolling.
aggiederelict
Feel free to email at ben@axiompt.com and we can sort out the details. Anyone else interested?
mrsbeer05
AG
I'm totally in. I really like Running Rewired, but would love a personal profile
zachsccr
AG
email sent
Pahdz
We talking jogging or sprinting?

But seriously...do you look at sprint form?
aggiederelict
I look at sprint form as well if you can get your treadmill up that high. Treadmills are the best method to look at this for obvious reasons.
Swarely
I'm in! Also need to set up another appointment with you. Expect a text tomorrow if I remember.
aggiederelict
Swarley,

I will text you. I hope all is well.
aggiederelict
Pto,

You still interested in getting a run analysis? Let me know and we can get it setup.
MavAg09
AG
I would be interested, keep me posted on next steps.
ptothemo
AG
Yes! Somehow missed your post with your email address. Just hit send, thanks!
aggiederelict
MavAg,

What's a good email address. I can send you the instructions.
aggiederelict
Pto,

I will follow up later today with instructions once I finish up with patients.
htxag09
AG
email sent
aggiederelict
Instructions have been sent out to those who requested. As soon as I get the videos, I will put the analysis together and provide an exercise program for each of you.

Anyone else interested feel free to email me at ben@axiompt.com and I would be glad to help.
Ragoo
AG
Are you doing this for free?
Swarely
Can you shoot me the instructions also Ben? You've got my email.
aggiederelict
Ragoo,

The cost is $99. Significant discount from doing it in the clinic. But if you are having any running injuries or issues I would be glad to chat with you about them. Feel free to email me if you are interested.
aggiederelict
Sending them now.
O.G.
Email sent.
Sooner Born
So here's my $.02 on this. I've had multiple running analysis done from some of the top places in Denver and Minneapolis and the best thing that has come from them has been an injury prevention strategy. The worst thing was poor shoe and stride change recommendations that ultimately led to injuries.

In my experience, if you can stay uninjured then you have a much higher likelihood of keeping a consistent training schedule which is generally what is required to achieve better times in long distance running.

So to me, the biggest benefit of any evaluation would be specific guidance on injury prevention. Some of that might be slight stride changes but it's my belief that many stride deficiencies are mostly a result of strength deficiencies. If you fix those then the stride starts to fix itself...especially if you throw in a few strides and other running drills.

I do think that that type of analysis could be done online. I don't think you need a crazy slow motion video or other tech enabled analysis to get a fairly good idea of what's wrong and what should be done to fix it...all of this just my opinion though.
aggiederelict
"In my experience, if you can stay uninjured then you have a much higher likelihood of keeping a consistent training schedule which is generally what is required to achieve better times in long distance running."

Well yeah that is the case for any sport or activity we do. Running is really no different.

"So to me, the biggest benefit of any evaluation would be specific guidance on injury prevention. Some of that might be slight stride changes but it's my belief that many stride deficiencies are mostly a result of strength deficiencies. If you fix those then the stride starts to fix itself...especially if you throw in a few strides and other running drills."

Stride differences could be from strength issues, tissue restrictions, joint limitations, and compensatory patterns around previous injuries. You have to be able to assess all of those in order to get a complete picture. That is why in person run analysis is ideal because I can assess all of them.

You don't really need a fancy camera since so many devices have great cameras in them now. Several years ago that was not the case. That is why this can work but is limited.

Runners are notoriously bad about just running for exercise and not doing other things to complement their training. That is why the analysis is helpful. It allows me to identify and prioritize issues that need to be addressed before they become a bigger issue.

Having done a lot of these run analysis, the same issues come up over and over again. Then there is the years of experience of just seeing a lot of people run that allows you to identify some subtle components that may not be so obvious.
Sooner Born
aggiederelict said:

Well yeah that is the case for any sport or activity we do. Running is really no different.

Runners are notorious about focusing on things that have very little impact on their overall performance and, as you stated, not give any attention to the things that compliment their training and thus help them to stay uninjured.

The general point I was trying to make was that I do think the online assessment would work as long as the outcome is focused on injury prevention. I've seen people purchase a service like this thinking "if I can just fix my stride/find the right shoe/etc" then it will result in immediate speed gains when I believe the reality is the benefit of the recommendations made by someone like yourself is to help them achieve the consistency needed to get to their goals.
aggiederelict
I have sent emails out to those who requested a run analysis. I haven't received the videos from everyone yet. Anyone having trouble with these?

Let me know if I can help in any way.

aggiederelict
Is anyone else interested in doing a remote run analysis? Obviously with the what we are dealing with at this time, this has made a major impact on all of our lives.

I would be glad to provide a remote run analysis for runners on here at a noticeable discount. Let me know if you are interested and I can get to it right away.

I know a lot of gyms have closed but if you have a treadmill at home this can be easily done.

Motot
AG
I've had my stride, etc looked at in the past couple of years by a group in town (I won't steal your thunder) and it has greatly helped with injuries. Most were a result of weaknesses/imbalances. Some form issues.

I would recommend this to any runner or someone who is wanting to get into it or increase volume. Don't burn off hundreds of dollars on new shoes; get your form right.
aggiederelict
If anyone is interested I would be glad to provide a run analysis.

Very in depth assessment of running form, shoe options, changes in running form, and exercises to address issues seen in the run analysis.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.