Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Kidney stones?

1,253 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Guitarsoup
Johnny2Fan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've never had them, I'm 53 years old and last night I got a pain so bad in my right kidney it made me get water mouth like before you throw up. Extreme bad bad pain, almost got my wife up to go to the ER. I got in the shower and put the hot water on my kidney area and felt better, laid down and after an hour it went away.
EMY92
AG
Could be, but you need to get checked.

I've had stones twice, the second time was a couple of good sized stones, but there was no pain. However, that stone led to a cancer diagnosis. I've outlived all of my other family members diagnosed with bladder cancer combined, so I don't think kidney stones are horrible like most do.
BlueSmoke
Yep. Sounds about right. Got them on a saturday at the office. Felt like I got stabbed. Driving home, in utter agony. Once home, throwing up from the pain. Had my pregannt wife at the time take me to the ER. Pissed that little sh*t out a few days later in the little coffe-strainer thing they give you to catch it. Along with more blood than I wanted to see come out ma' pee-pee hole

Loads of fun....
Nobody cares. Work Harder
Johnny2Fan
So should I worry? Am I not done passing it? The pain went away an hour later with no other issues. So strange. And let me add, if child birth is the worse pain on the charts then I got a whole new respect for women.
EMY92
AG
If you didn't feel it rattling the way out in your urine stream, you have a long way to go. The pain near your kidney is likely where the stone is.

Enjoy the bloody pee that will soon appear.

Btw, not everyone will be able to pass the stone on their own.
Johnny2Fan
Lovely....
SJEAg
AG
For me the bloody pee came first. No pain, but immediately thought I had cancer or something. Pain came later that night, at which point languishing in an ER waiting room for hours I was hoping to die. Then morphine, sweet sweet morphine.
EMY92
AG
The second time I had stones, I was at my endocrinologists office. She looked at my chart and said, "It doesn't look like we've had a urine sample in a while, let's do that on your way out."

I pee in the cup and it was a nice shade of maroon. I saw her in the hallway and said, "I think I have a problem." It was a kidney stone and cancer, so I was right.
Ag9701
AG
Had one pass the other day. First time. Very severe pain. Never want to experience this again.
Guitarsoup
AG
I have had a number of them, but luckily all small.

Since mine were small, doctor said to get some cases of cheap beer, sit on the couch and smash them one after another.

The beer will numb you up and make you pee all day.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.